Home

All-Americans galore

This is a discussion on All-Americans galore within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2005, 10:23 PM   #1
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4
All-Americans galore

I just finished the 2009 regular season with a 13-0 record and an SEC Championship.

Nothing noteworthy there, but I did have 14, yes 14, FIRST team All-Americans, including all five starting offensive linemen and all four of my starters in the secondary.

I had one second team All-American and five freshmen All-Americans, two of which were offensive linemen.

I had 16 first team All-SEC players. My No. 3 CB was even second-team All-SEC.

As far as award-winners, I had the Heisman (an OLB), the best returner, Maxwell, best WR, Rimington, best OL, Bednarik, best LB, Thorpe, and Groza.

My WR was a stud at 6-8, 223 lbs with 77 receptions, 1940 yards, and 23 touchdowns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2005, 12:57 AM   #2
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: All-Americans galore

Someone needs to be playing on heisman.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:47 AM   #3
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
Beat me to it.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:24 AM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Why? Is recruiting harder? My point is that AA is fine except that when you finish first in recruiting year after year, every other team is vastly inferior in talent after awhile. Sliders still make AA a very fun experience when teams are even.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:10 PM   #5
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I just finished another season, and I had a bunch of AA's too, but some of them didn't really seem AA-worthy. For example, my SS made the squad but didn't even have spectacular stats. Maybe 3 INT's and a fumble recovery. Pretty cool that he made it, it just surprised me because I didn't think he deserved it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2005, 06:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Why? Is recruiting harder? My point is that AA is fine except that when you finish first in recruiting year after year, every other team is vastly inferior in talent after awhile. Sliders still make AA a very fun experience when teams are even.
Thanks Rudy, and you make a great point.

My players are much better than my opponents and I played as tough a schedule as I could play.

I would like for some of my games to be a bit more competitive, but my options are to move up to Heisman or adjust the sliders. However, I've never liked the cheat-feel of Heisman on this series.

I did adjust sliders greatly before this season and basically what it did was make opposing QBs have very skewed numbers like 12 of 32 for 380 yards and four TDs. I would win games by scores of 50-35.

I am just now getting used to the passing game and while I put up 'good' passing numbers, I don't put up unrealistic stats. My QB usually completes around 50-55% for 200-300 yards. I still have a BUNCH of interceptions and they are usually returned for TDs.

That said, I'd rather not lower my passing sliders too much. I supposed I could lower the running sliders a bit though, but I feel my running game is great because of a great line and RBs.

If I bump up the CPU offensive sliders they CPU will be virtually impossible to hold under 50 points.

I guess I will try Heisman, but I bet I won't like it, lol.

Also, why do you other guys have to be so critical? I wasn't bragging or being a jerk, I just wanted to share my success story.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:53 PM   #7
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbacker
Also, why do you other guys have to be so critical? I wasn't bragging or being a jerk, I just wanted to share my success story.
I'm not being a jerk, I'm just saying it looks like your killing the competition..maybe you need more of a challenge.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:59 PM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
I'm not being a jerk, I'm just saying it looks like your killing the competition..maybe you need more of a challenge.
Everybody probably needs more of a challenge after 4 or 5 years of recruiting. I think the best case scenario is to apply house rules to recruiting. Maybe only allow yourself to recruit from your pipeline states or even just your home state to be really tough. Option 2 is to limit yourself to only 2 or 3 four and five star recruits. Maybe only allow yourself to recruit five star players from your home state.

Its too bad there wasn't a slider for recruiting difficulty because I do find you can put a dominating offensive line together and you have guys rated in the 80s that are 3rd string on the OL. Once you get good at the game, the real challenges come from playing teams that are more talented than you and its very rare after a few years in dynasty. I still love this game. I'm in year 4 with Ole Miss and once I win a National Championship I would like to quit and get a job in the SEC with a crappy team and still compete against my old team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »