Home

How Have U Faired On Your Seasons?

This is a discussion on How Have U Faired On Your Seasons? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2005, 02:42 AM   #9
Rookie

WeekapaugGroovin's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How Have U Faired On Your Seasons?

I'm in my 9th season (I play about 75% of my games). I started at Miami Ohio and won 2 MAC titles in 2 years. Then I signed with Cal for 5 years and won 3 Pac-Ten titles and a National Championship. Now I'm building up Georgia. I haven't done much there yet but the pieces are in place. My career record is around 80-25.

Oh, and I play 7 min quarters on AA with sliders set slightly in the CPU's favor.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:55 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Building up Georgia? LoL....aren't they already pretty good?

Old 12-04-2005, 10:27 AM   #11
Running of the Bulls

Macar91's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacleguy2
Building up Georgia? LoL....aren't they already pretty good?

Maybe not 9 years into the dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2005, 10:51 AM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Took Ole Miss and won the NC in year 5. Am now in year 6 and am experimenting with Heisman sliders as I was killing too many good teams on AA. Have had one player finish 2nd in Heisman balloting and he was robbed. Rushed for over 2000 yards and another RB got the thing. Maurice Myers left for the NFL as a true three year junior. I recruited him as an athlete and he was a 95 in his third year. An absolute beast. It was cool seeing the Heisman presentation though.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:07 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macar91
Maybe not 9 years into the dynasty.
Good point!

Old 12-04-2005, 05:09 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
It was cool seeing the Heisman presentation though.
I was very disappointed with the heisman presentation. There was all this hype about it before the game came out and then this is what EA gives us?! I'll give you that it's better than what we used to have, which was nothing at all...but still is nothing great.

Old 12-05-2005, 10:33 AM   #15
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

i'm playing on default heisman, and i started out at sdsu and went 12-1 w/ them, then was offered the k-state job- they were coming off a 4-7 season. i've been there for 5 years now and have won the big 12 north every season. in year 1 we went 11-2, then i went to the title game in year 2 but had 3 starters suspended and my starting qb got knocked out on the 1st play, so va tech destroyed me (well if anybody is gonna beat me, why not the hokies). in year three i had a bunch of froshes and sophs playing and they turned the ball over a lot so we went 10-3, then in year 4 we put it all together and won the title. i lost a whole bunch of kids to the draft and graduation this coming year, so it should be challenge to repeat, but we have texas and big red in the lil apple, where we have 22 straight games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2005, 11:03 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

Default Heisman with Navy..

2-9 first season.. wins over Tulane (a B rated school, big upset), and Army to win the CIC trophy and keep my job. I had some big graduations (starting QB, Fullback, HB), but got a transfer, Andre Callender, from Boston College at tailback. He would have to sit out for one year, but would end up around 90 overall.

7-5 second season, defeating Air Force and Army to win the CIC again. Won the Music City Bowl against Akron in a close one. My Sophomore tailback, Karlos Whittaker, had a great season and secured his job as the starter for next year over the higher-rated transfer, Callender, who would not be happy to find himself playing 2nd fiddle at BC and then Navy. I was offered a contract extension on my 3-year deal but turned it down in hopes of better things on the horizon..

11-1 third season, defeating New Mexico in the Emerald Bowl. I was 4-0 and had to face #5 Cal at home. Fortunately, I was at home and audibles were at my disposal, so I was able to come away with the 20-6 victory to put us on the map. Week 7 rolled around when we had to play #17 Pitt (we were 6-0, #24 in the nation). My star tailback, Karlos Whittaker, suffered an 8 week injury (he came back for the Bowl) on the first drive of the game. The game was back-and-forth the whole time, on the road at Heinz field. They ended up taking a 28-21 lead with about 1:40 left off of a TD pass. I drove down to about the 40 yard line, and with :30 left, I threw up a bomb down the right sideline. My stud sophomore recruit WR, Macklin, who is a burner, came down with it in the back of the end zone to tie the game at 28 with about :25 left.

Pitt comes out, they have time for maybe 3 or 4 plays. First play is a cross to the TE, who proceeds to break 3 tackles and into the open field, running out of bounds after he puts the ball on my 45 yard line. At this point, there's about 15 seconds left and I know I can't let them in FG range. They proceed to throw a slant where the WR breaks four tackles and takes it to the house for the 35-28 win. I thought since my starting TB got hurt, that my season was headed down the drain, but Andre Callender came in and ran for more yards in 6 games (1,100), than Whittaker had all season. I would miss Callender sorely next year...

We won out and finished the season ranked in the top 20 for the first time. I also kept the CIC. At the end of the year, my contract was up. I could leave as a 2-star coach or accept a 6 year extension. I chose the latter.

That brings us to the fourth season, where the computer decided it was time for me to run the schedule-gauntlet. It scheduled a home opener against an A-rated, 9th ranked Florida State, a road game against #2 Texas, and another home game near the end of the season against #3 Michigan. Not to mention a top-10 Notre Dame squad. Other non-conference games included non-cupcakes such as Mizzou and Kansas. The first game of the season against FSU, I knew I had a chance because I was at home. I found myself down 19-14 with about 1:00 left in the 4th. I drive all the way down to their 9 yard line, where things get messy. 3 plays later, I am at 4th and goal from the 17 yard line, with time for only one more play. I run a Spread Shotgun deep post play, and rifle the ball to Macklin who miraculously comes down with it in triple coverage for the 20-19 upset. That got us close to the top 25, and ranked in the media poll. Next game was a home game against Kansas, where I totally overlooked them. I was just happy about the FSU win and knew Kansas couldn't beat me. Unfortunately, their HB ran for 180 yards and 3 TD's as he led them to a 27-21 win and put us back to "fluke" status. We came back and won a tough one against Mizzouri, 28-21, in a fourth quarter that saw us score 3 times. We found ourselves 4-1 having to go on the road to Austin, TX, to take on the #2 Longhorns. I thought I had no chance in this game due to their HFA and my inability to audible, but well-placed timeouts, a lucky 80 yard TD pass, and an INT returned for a TD, made a 21-17 upset possible. We were still not ranked after this game, but getting close. We then won the CIC, 4th year running, by defeating Air Force handidly. After a series of cupcake games, we find ourselves ranked in the top 15 and 6-1, with Michigan and Notre Dame still looming. Sources hint that Athletic Directors around the nation are looking for new coaching, but time will only tell where I go after this.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »