Home

Vince Young

This is a discussion on Vince Young within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2006, 07:28 PM   #9
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Vince Young

I dont really think he gonna leave. He might stay and get his degree and try and get the heisman. But once he does get to the NFL ..Michael Vick will lose his spot as the most exciting man in the league..because not only does Young run but he also throws the ball. Vick has a powerful arm..he just doesnt use it . He showed signs but hes not consistent with it. I wouldnt be surprised if his brother comes into the league and ends up being a better overall player.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:45 PM   #10
Rookie

no-name-superstar's Arena

OVR: 1

If VY does go to the Texans he better pray they get a whole new O-line or he will end up being the next David Carr.

NBA-Pacers, Clippers, Rockets

NFL-Colts, Raiders

MLB-Indians

AAA-Indianapolis Indians

NCAA-North Carolina Tar Heels(Defending Nat'l Champions) Texas Longhorns (I've been a fan since I was 12 so i'm not a bandwagon fan) Michigan Wolverines
Old 01-05-2006, 07:45 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I honestly cant imagine Vince Young returns-- he just had one of the best individual games in HISTORY. Plus, his hometown team has a shaky QB situation and the number one pick. I know if I were Texans GM Charlie Casserly, I wouldn't hesitate to take Vince Young 1st overall, because Dominick Davis is a great back and Vince will help sell tickets too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2006, 07:55 PM   #12
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

I just looked at VY rating on NCAA 06 and saw his speed at 90. Do you guys think this is fair or should his speed rating creep up to 92-93?

Racerx
Old 01-05-2006, 11:22 PM   #13

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx
I just looked at VY rating on NCAA 06 and saw his speed at 90. Do you guys think this is fair or should his speed rating creep up to 92-93?

Racerx
Personally I think it should stay the same. I see VY as a faster Daunte Culpepper, rather than a bigger Michael Vick. I know I will get labeled a blasphemer, but no one in the world can match Vick's athleticism. He is deceptively fast, and very quick. VY is more of the total package, and I would no doubt rather have him (regardless of the experience, he is a better QB) than Vick.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:32 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars91885
I honestly cant imagine Vince Young returns-- he just had one of the best individual games in HISTORY. Plus, his hometown team has a shaky QB situation and the number one pick. I know if I were Texans GM Charlie Casserly, I wouldn't hesitate to take Vince Young 1st overall, because Dominick Davis is a great back and Vince will help sell tickets too.
The Texans are NOT shaky at QB. They are just unbelievably bad at blocking. They need an new line and Carr will be just fine.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:07 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

If he comes back he better not be unstoppable. They better have defensive schemes in the game that account for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2006, 12:55 PM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
If he comes back he better not be unstoppable. They better have defensive schemes in the game that account for it.
He better not be stoppable either. Slowing him down is one thing, shutting him down is another.

Its a delicate balance in a video game and that's why you see some guys upset with impact players in 2006. People's expectations of realism or outcomes vary and its hard to please everyone.

I just lost to USC in the Rose Bowl with Texas in double OT. Leinart carved me up and it was one of my favourite games I have ever played. I might try to be USC and see if I can stop Vince in Rose Bowl Part III this weekend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »