Home

Anyone heard about a device for 360 game saves/NCAA roster transfers yet?

This is a discussion on Anyone heard about a device for 360 game saves/NCAA roster transfers yet? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2006, 08:29 PM   #9
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Anyone heard about a device for 360 game saves/NCAA roster transfers yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3g
Because Microsoft is really pushing single player achievements on the Xbox 360, a "cheating device" like Action Replay would mess up their plans. It does make sense though: why should we spend all of this time getting achievements to brag about on the internet when we can download a simple save and get it over with?

But on the other hand, people have used Action Replay for good via roster saves and so forth. I rarely have used my Xbox AR for cheating but it has become valuable the last few years in getting the latest rosters for not only NCAA, but the other EA and 2K Sports games. I would rather play NCAA Football with players that I know instead of referring to them as "HB #3" or whatever.

I don't know if EA has this for Madden on the 360, but the prospect of the EA Locker sounds nice. People like FAIRDALE_KINGS who edit their rosters, upload them to the EA Locker, and make them available to download would solve our worries. I mean... we are paying $50 a year to play games on Xbox Live, why not give us extra options to benefit us?
I don't think the rosters could be transferred legally through Ea Servers. Someone will figure out a way to mod the memory card to work with a computer by july I hope.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:37 AM   #10
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
I don't think the rosters could be transferred legally through Ea Servers. Someone will figure out a way to mod the memory card to work with a computer by july I hope.
I wouldn't be surprised if the ability to name players will be one of the features left off of NCAA 07 for XB360,because of the issue of transferring the roster files over MS's servers.
I think EA has been considering removing player naming for the last few years anyway,because of rosters being sold over the internet and other issues.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:28 PM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by koebner
I think EA has been considering removing player naming for the last few years anyway,because of rosters being sold over the internet and other issues.
I don't think that's true. In the MVP NCAA forum, Dr. Jones is an EA producer (or something big anyway) and some people are upset over the fact that the rosters are based on last year's rosters and some customization issues. He seemed very genuine and wanted to make the rosters as edit friendly as possible.

Whether rosters are sold or not might be an NCAA issue but something that EA might actually endorse. Product sales might drop if they removed the naming feature and the bottom line is big. Unless NCAA forces them to drop it - very hypocritical since they sell player jerseys - I doubt it would happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2006, 01:20 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't think that's true. In the MVP NCAA forum, Dr. Jones is an EA producer (or something big anyway) and some people are upset over the fact that the rosters are based on last year's rosters and some customization issues. He seemed very genuine and wanted to make the rosters as edit friendly as possible.

Whether rosters are sold or not might be an NCAA issue but something that EA might actually endorse. Product sales might drop if they removed the naming feature and the bottom line is big. Unless NCAA forces them to drop it - very hypocritical since they sell player jerseys - I doubt it would happen.
Player jerseys are not sold. Not with names on the back anyways.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:23 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Player jerseys are not sold. Not with names on the back anyways.

They are sold with specific numbers that correspond to star players on the teams. The dont just market random number jerseys.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:40 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

NCAA just needs to come to some sort of agreement with the athletes to allow their names to be marketed. Schools market certain athletes for things like the Heisman Trophy race so why shoulded they be allowed to use the names as they see fit. But I doubt that will ever change, I am pretty sure the EA Locker feature will likely work for draft classes, custom and historical rosters. Guess we will see.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:28 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by koebner
I wouldn't be surprised if the ability to name players will be one of the features left off of NCAA 07 for XB360,because of the issue of transferring the roster files over MS's servers.
If EA removed the naming of the players it would prevent me from buying the game. I can't go back to WR#85 and HB#26. I hope that someone figures something out prior to July.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2006, 12:38 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraider32
They are sold with specific numbers that correspond to star players on the teams. The dont just market random number jerseys.
Yes, but the point of the discussion is about the use of the names of the players. As it is, NCAA games have correct numbers for the players but no names. To get real names, people have to input them.

RudyJuly stated that it would be hypocritical of the NCAA to prevent EA from allowing the naming of rosters by users because the NCAA sells player jerseys. In the context of the discussion, I'm pretty sure he meant that as jerseys with payer names because otherwise I just don't see what his argument is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »