Home

Getting a Conference Bid

This is a discussion on Getting a Conference Bid within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2006, 11:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon3 Getting a Conference Bid

I have a dynasty with Syracuse in the Big Least. It sucks to play here as it is, and over the course of the last 6 years, every team has deteriorated to the point where mid major conferences are better.

In NCAA 05, I received conference bids. How do you get one in this game, and is it even possible if you are in a major conference already?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2006, 12:43 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Getting a Conference Bid

I don't think BCS conference teams receive bids. Have you considered switching teams? Unless you have some special attachment to Syracuse.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:28 PM   #3
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12

I was UConn (in the Big East) and got an offer from the ACC, so you can go from one BCS conference to another under the right circumstances. In my case, Duke got the boot from the ACC and took UConn's place in the Big East when I accepted the ACC invite.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1
Old 01-27-2006, 11:30 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Interesting Murph. I created some teams just to see if I could get them into major conferences. Simming 99% of their games. I had the Minnesota St Screamin' Eagles in the MAC intending on getting into the Big11. Ended up in the Big12. The Bronx U. Brigade I wanted to send into the Big East, but they got into the MAC. What triggers the invites, I don't know.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 01-28-2006, 12:52 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well, I FINALLY got into the ACC after playing at least 3 ACC teams for 4 straight years. However, setting up the circumstances was a pain in the a**. First off, you cannot win your conference or play in the BCS bowls. This was hard as I had to throw games against USF and Rutgers to name a few to get this done (My team was B+, the next best was a C+). Also, I remembered that a team has to be bad enough to be kicked out of the conference. So, I manipulated the results of Georgia Tech (the only 2 star school in the conference at the time) so that they went 0-11. Then I saved after getting an invite to the Insight Bowl and simmed all bowls 4 times and I finally received the invite.

So for those wondering how its done, that's an idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2006, 02:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sounds like a lot of work. I'd rather just switch to a team in the conference I want to be in whether they are a good team or bad team and see what happens.

Old 02-01-2006, 04:16 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcnyc1
Well, I FINALLY got into the ACC after playing at least 3 ACC teams for 4 straight years. However, setting up the circumstances was a pain in the a**. First off, you cannot win your conference or play in the BCS bowls. This was hard as I had to throw games against USF and Rutgers to name a few to get this done (My team was B+, the next best was a C+). Also, I remembered that a team has to be bad enough to be kicked out of the conference. So, I manipulated the results of Georgia Tech (the only 2 star school in the conference at the time) so that they went 0-11. Then I saved after getting an invite to the Insight Bowl and simmed all bowls 4 times and I finally received the invite.

So for those wondering how its done, that's an idea.
Seems tough. Seeing as how my Bronx school made it to the bcs final last season & now they are left alone in the MAC since Minn St is in the Big 12.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 02-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

My ND dynasty has won the title but the best offer was from the MAC. My younger Temple Dynasty is going strong but no offers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »