Home

Adjusting Strategy

This is a discussion on Adjusting Strategy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Adjusting Strategy

I finally got my Navy dynasty going in NCAA to go along with my Navy legacy in CH2k6. I'm most likely gonna start a franchise in Madden with a team from the same general area (either Balitmore or Washington) also.

For the Navy dynasty in NCAA, I'm gonna do Sim-Only since I'm not too fond of the QB decision making in coach mode. I've always had trouble knowing just how to set my strategy sliders. Does anyone have any formula for doing that? For example, if x is this and y is that then I'll set my strategy this way. I just don't know how far to go in one direction to get the results that I want.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nolefan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2006, 06:13 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Re: Adjusting Strategy

What I've come up with is this. I start the season by moving my offensive strategy slider to 50-50, run-pass. Then, I go into my depth chart and look at the PBK and RBK ratings of my starting linemen. Whichever is the highest, I take the difference of the two and add it to my offensive strategy. For example, if the average RBK rating is 85 and the average PBK rating is 80 then to begin with my run-pass ratio will be 55%-run, 45% pass. Next, I look at the overall rating of my HB and my QB. Which ever is the highest, I add the difference to my offensive strategy. For example, if my QB is rated as an 83 and my HB is rated as an 80, I add 3 to my pass ratio.

So, from my OLine my run-pass ratio is run-55%-45%-pass. Now, adding that 3 to the pass side I get, run-52%-48%-pass. That will be my Run-Pass ratio for the season...barring injury. With injury comes change.

For defense, I just set my defensive sliders each game to counter what my opponent does on offense. If I'm playing a team that passes 57% of the time, I will set my defensive percentage to 57% pass.

I came up with this during my 3rd season at Navy in which we finished the regular season 6-5 but lost the bowl game. I coached the Midshipmen for one more season going 4-7 before getting the offer that I did. I received an offer from Army (who I owned in my 4 seasons at Navy), Marshall and a 4-year extension with Navy. I took the Marshall job and won the MAC in my first season there. We won the MAC (East) with a 5-3 conference record then beat UTEP in the MAC Championship after losing to them by 10 in the regular season. I'll recruit when I get home and prepare to begin my second season with the Thundering Herd.

I just don't have a lot of time to sit around coaching games so simming is great for me. I get to see my strategy work for me and my 49ers franchise in Madden may become a sim-only one as well.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:16 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Re: Adjusting Strategy

Woo Hoo! Made to the C-USA championship game for the 2nd consecutive season. This time though, we lost to UTEP....and we lost the bowl game. After that, I simmed season 2 in Madden and we made the playoffs. We lost in the first round though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »