Home

blitz pickups

This is a discussion on blitz pickups within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
Exclamation blitz pickups

i know i have read various thread on the free blitzer and the best way to pick him up but the only solution that i have found especially with a young, or untalented offensive line is to wait the 10 seconds for the center to do the point i thought this was a useless animation but after last night playing with a one star pittsburgh team and watching syracuse blitz and kill my quarterback all of the first half i accidentally waited a while to snap the ball after the center did the pointing thing and the lb that blitzed was picked up and destroyed, thinking this was a fluke i did it again and he was picked up again i had 5 first half sacks and 0 second half sacks despite having to play catchup football now this does make you have to pick your play faster and get to the line but the trade off is better protection and a healthy qb i also wonder if this helps the pa sack problem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2006, 10:41 AM   #2
Rookie

mello's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: blitz pickups

Interesting. I've never heard of or seen this. Anybody else notice this and does it work most of the time?
Old 03-23-2006, 12:07 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

They talked about this in the Madden forums awhile back to some debate. I'm too impatient to wait that long to tell.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:31 PM   #4
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Maybe it is beneficial to you O-Line to wait if they have low awareness. Maybe a lineman with high awareness can quickly recognize what the defense is doing and a lineman with low awareness needs to take some time to recognize what is going on.

Or maybe it's nothing.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:05 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
Maybe it is beneficial to you O-Line to wait if they have low awareness. Maybe a lineman with high awareness can quickly recognize what the defense is doing and a lineman with low awareness needs to take some time to recognize what is going on.

Or maybe it's nothing.
It's the center that makes the calls to adjust blocking schemes, like in real life. Whether the AI actually changes blocking assignments when the animation occurs I've never paid attention. It could be true or it could just be a placebo effect that people see the animation and notice more when they get good blocking. Like RudyJuly said, it takes a while and I'm not that patient. I like my games to last 45 minutes to an hour. Anything longer is too long, especially during blowouts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2006, 02:30 PM   #6
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
It's the center that makes the calls to adjust blocking schemes, like in real life. Whether the AI actually changes blocking assignments when the animation occurs I've never paid attention. It could be true or it could just be a placebo effect that people see the animation and notice more when they get good blocking. Like RudyJuly said, it takes a while and I'm not that patient. I like my games to last 45 minutes to an hour. Anything longer is too long, especially during blowouts.
it does stretch out the games but not by a noticeable amount i mean the clock is still running the only thing that suffers is your stats because you run fewer plays but i was convinced last night but it is hard in a hurry up mode but the benefits seem to be there just played another game and gave up one sack and that was my fault waited too long, so i am convinced that this works
Old 03-23-2006, 02:54 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Here is the Madden thread (I bumped it in the Madden forum). Some believe while others don't.

Waiting on the Center To make calls
Old 04-19-2006, 04:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
... wait the 10 seconds for the center to do the point i thought this was a useless animation ...
When I first got the 2005 game and knew so very little about how to play, I found some information that stated allowing the center to point out blocking assignments would help with running plays.

I had started a dynasty with San Jose State University ranked #108 in the nation and I needed all the help I could get. Waiting for the center to point seemed to help with all my weak running plays. It also ran the clock out on the other offenses, which was SO necessary, because my defense was so porous. Partly because of this, I was able to take SJSU to a 7 and 4 record when they should have been maybe 4-7 or 2-9. (The real SJSU football team went 2-9 in 2004.)

In the third year of the dynasty, with a ton of luck, and by keeping the ball away from their offense, I was able to eke out a watershed, upset, one touchdown victory over USC.

You have established through experimentation that the center point actually does work for pass blocking schemes! Congratulations and thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »