Home

Poll: TE type

This is a discussion on Poll: TE type within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What type of TE do you prefer?
Receiving TE (bad blocker) 13 48.15%
Balanced TE 11 40.74%
Blocking TE (bad hands) 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2006, 11:29 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Poll: TE type

I personally prefer a receiving TE over a balanced one and certainly a blocking type of TE. If all things are equal, what TE would you start - good receiving/bad blocking TE, balanced TE or a blocker with bad hands?

I've got 3 or 4 TEs on my roster who are all rated in the low 80s. One is a converted WR who has an 86 for speed and in the 80s for hands. He's only 215 pounds and his blocking stats are in the 40's. I have decided to start him over my balanced guy since I like throwing to TEs. I'm trying to see if I can live with his blocking. Leonard Pope was my impact TE and he caught 75 balls one year for me. I would sub him into the slot on passing plays as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Poll: TE type

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I personally prefer a receiving TE over a balanced one and certainly a blocking type of TE. If all things are equal, what TE would you start - good receiving/bad blocking TE, balanced TE or a blocker with bad hands?

I've got 3 or 4 TEs on my roster who are all rated in the low 80s. One is a converted WR who has an 86 for speed and in the 80s for hands. He's only 215 pounds and his blocking stats are in the 40's. I have decided to start him over my balanced guy since I like throwing to TEs. I'm trying to see if I can live with his blocking. Leonard Pope was my impact TE and he caught 75 balls one year for me. I would sub him into the slot on passing plays as well.
The thing I would always do in dynasties would recruit Athlete O&D lineman and move them to FB and TE. I run the ball alot and there is nothing better then Monster Blocking TE's and FB's.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like having a scrambling QB, so I need a bit more blocking in a TE... but they are good targets for short passes too, so I had to go with balanced here.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #4
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

I just recently found Wake Forest's playbook. I've always loved using TEs as part of my offense but never found a way to involve them extensively. Now, with Wake Forest's playbook, it includes 7 out of the 9 formations with two or more TEs including Ace Big with 3 TEs. I am now finding that I can run the ball easier and use the short passing game out of this playbook.

That being said, I went balanced because my play calling is fairly balanced. I need the TE to be able to help the HB get free and as well need him to be able to catch a ball thrown to him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »