Home

Why has NCAA been the best football game in the past four years?

This is a discussion on Why has NCAA been the best football game in the past four years? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2006, 11:15 PM   #25
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Why has NCAA been the best football game in the past four years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I want to know why people think the ncaa series has been so great when it iws plagued with just as many problems as madden.
I'm with you - really, all three of the games have their issues. Both Madden and NCAA are predicated on speed as the dominant attribute. The thing NCAA has over Madden imo is the control coupled with the momentum system where you can use a players momentum against him. You can really pull off cross-field runs you might see in a real game. That and players don't look/move like roided up caricatures of themselves. Madden's been spiraling downward since they made the mistake of tailoring the gameplay around Michael Vick in 2004, and hasn't recovered since. 2K's system of momentum is both great (when players are interacting) to not so good (open field running is usually north and south). I love that they give you so many juke options in 2K, but they're not always practical to pull off. But the overwhelming list of positives that 2K has can't be ignored. It says a lot that in this thread we've only touched the surface of what 2K5 was; there was just so much potential to build on.

But man, my head gets dizzy thinking of NFL2K5 with a NBA2k6 360-like makeover.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2006, 02:02 AM   #26
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm kind of in the camp that thinks NCAA has gotten worse after 2004. Back then, I hated Madden, but I like Madden 06 a hell of a lot more than NCAA 06.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:07 PM   #27
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
I'm kind of in the camp that thinks NCAA has gotten worse after 2004. Back then, I hated Madden, but I like Madden 06 a hell of a lot more than NCAA 06.
That's Blasphemy! Madden 06 is horrible. The only thing worse then Madden 06 is Madden 360.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:12 PM   #28
Rookie

tigerfan2's Arena

OVR: 6

Pro and college football are different. Thusly that makes the games different. I am a college fan, so I like NCAA. Even with the problems that it had such as easy deep bombs, I overlooked them because it is so fun. I never got into NFL 2K5. I didn't like the controls and I don't really care for pro ball.

God I can't wait for the new NCAA, just so I can be Auburn on a 360.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:15 PM   #29
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2
Pro and college football are different. Thusly that makes the games different. I am a college fan, so I like NCAA. Even with the problems that it had such as easy deep bombs, I overlooked them because it is so fun. I never got into NFL 2K5. I didn't like the controls and I don't really care for pro ball.

God I can't wait for the new NCAA, just so I can be Auburn on a 360.
Defending the deep ball in NCAA is easy, people use jump instead of swat and they screw themselves.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:22 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
The NCAA series is the best football game for one reason: ATOMSHPERE.

You would think madden would do something in this department. BUT NO!

Not to mention the controls in the NCAA series blow 2k out of the water. It isnt even close.
I agree. The ultimate football game would be to combine NCAA gameplay, 2K presentation and Madden 360-ish graphics. I don't think i'd ever leave home!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-19-2006, 12:24 PM   #31
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree. The ultimate football game would be to combine NCAA gameplay, 2K presentation and Madden 360-ish graphics. I don't think i'd ever leave home!
I'd take the 2k graphics with the madden overlays and presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2006, 01:30 PM   #32
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
Defending the deep ball in NCAA is easy, people use jump instead of swat and they screw themselves.
No, it is not easy to defend the deep ball when you try to swat it and it goes through the player's arms and goes into the hands of the reciever, or when the ball goes pass the reciever but somehow gets sucked into their hands etc etc.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »