Home

IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK

This is a discussion on IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2006, 03:32 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
And why is it that in video games (not just this one), Every single person in the stadium is decked out in their teams colors.....Check out the one of Sparty.
heh, i know what you mean, but in the games at the shoe i've gone to it's true that all you can see is scarlet (80%), grey (19%) and other (1%) so i guess in some stadiums that's not all too far off being that way..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 04-20-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:35 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarblue1
Question though...artice says only 70 stadiums got the "full treatment of details".
Does that mean the rest of the stadiums are just ported over from the regular xbox? Or is it generic stadiums? Or do they look next gen, but without all the details?
I'm a huge BYU fan, and there's about 66 BCS stadiums including Notre Dame. I hope Lavell Edwards Stadium is one of the other four they included with extra detail!
Cougar,

While I have no inside information regarding game design, I do have a good sense about college football since that's my business. I would be surprised if your crib is not in the game. The mountain range, the history, the team, it's very well thought of in college football circles and frankly what;s more relevant? BYU and their amazing stadium or dumps like Indiana and Vanderbilt getting the "full treatment" as they say? I wouldnt worry just yet.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:35 PM   #75
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Sorry if this has been asked, but what is up with the Bowling Score in the Oregon game?
read the article, its a minigame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2006, 03:37 PM   #76
Banned

Quote:
Sorry if this has been asked, but what is up with the Bowling Score in the Oregon game?

And why is it that in video games (not just this one), Every single person in the stadium is decked out in their teams colors.....Check out the one of Sparty.

let me tell you as a spartan season ticket holder.....we dont all wear green and white......rain/snow gear generally doesnt come in those colors!!!! I'm just pumped to see an MSU defender actually hitting somebody.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:39 PM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ok, I know we all love to slam EA but that guy is back there blocking and even if no one is there blockers are supposed to still keep their hands in an at-ready position in case someone does fly in.

The real question is, if someone does fly in, will that guy slide over and block them or stand there like a moron with his hands at-ready?

you beat me to it, well done.

nothing better than the classic "ole" block on a screaming LB. You sidestep and set him up perfect to block him and all he does is waive hello like the Geico spokesman.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:42 PM   #78
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by abates21
read the article, its a minigame
Sorry man, MTV Generation. Reading is a major endeavor.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #79
*n H**t*s..R*b**ld*ng..

SLAYER's Arena

OVR: 10

Huge sigh of relief about the playbooks, especially in this transistional period at the U. I'm glad to hear about the up in animations and the inclusion of challenges (for those conferences that allow it). Madden 360 really took a step backwards in responsiveness with some of those animations. Here's hope!
Old 04-20-2006, 03:45 PM   #80
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
My question to all of you...since we've seen nothing but 8 screens and nothing in motion....

What if the modes that didn't make the jump were left out because they concentrated on GAMEPLAY???

Wouldn't that be a worthwhile trade?
ABSOLUTELY. I just don't have to much faith in EA to actually do that. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »