Home

IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK

This is a discussion on IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2006, 01:49 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK

The New attributes thing has me very excited epsecially sine they Doubled them. Its a step in the right direction and at least shows that they did make some sort of movment in improving the mechanisms of the game. The blocking, recieving aspects are still up for grabs.

Either way im still not buying a 360 until i see some more games worht buying
Old 04-20-2006, 01:50 PM   #34
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Visuals look good, but we need some vids!! The only thing I'm really disappointed with is the lack of expanded playbooks. Though, as Lbz pointed out, the playbooks have to start from somewhere, so why couldn't they use the same ones as current gen? I'll also miss the 1-AA teams. Not that I used them often, but it was fun playing with my alma mater, James Madison University (2004 1-AA national champs ) every now and then. Having said that, I'm satisfied with this year's feature set. I just want to see it in motion. Is it 60 FPS? . Has player interaction been improved? Suction blocking? The jury is still out.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 04-20-2006, 01:52 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
One thing I can see from the pics is that the player interaction "looks" better. One thing I also notice too. Tiburon is not dumb here. Look at this. If I want all of the new plays and playbooks I gotta get current gen. If I want a new player rating system that effects how the game is played I gotta get next gen. GREAT
I been giving 2k hell for porting..Now EA gets some..Seems like they are double dipping , like movie studio's do.. I can understand leaving out features for EA's launch line up due to time restraints, but the NCAA team had over a yr..I can't see why everything can't be included, especially staduim pulse, greatest teams, & all the schools that are in the Xbox version..Sounds like EA wants you to buy both copies..What, the 360 isn't capable of all this?? I'm still glad EA is giving us features that couldn't be done on the Xbox version, but this Tee's me off..At least the dumb campus thing ids scratched from the 360 along with trick plays that would have been abused online.

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2006, 01:55 PM   #36
Rookie

mesyes25's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
I been giving 2k hell for porting..Now EA gets some..Seems like they are double dipping , like movie studio's do.. I can understand leaving out features for EA's launch line up due to time restraints, but the NCAA team had over a yr..I can't see why everything can't be included, especially staduim pulse, greatest teams, & all the schools that are in the Xbox version..Sounds like EA wants you to buy both copies..What, the 360 isn't capable of all this?? I'm still glad EA is giving us features that couldn't be done on the Xbox version, but this Tee's me off..At least the dumb campus thing ids scratched from the 360 along with trick plays that would have been abused online.
all in all though, i would much rather have the 360 version simply because of the graphical difference between the 2!!
Old 04-20-2006, 01:55 PM   #37
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

I don' have a 360 and would only get one at the price it is at now for NCAA and Madden. Thats a lot of money for a game when I would rather have the new playbooks, stadium pulse, HFA, trick plays, and emphasis on Special teams (how did those two not make it when they were in '05)

Don't you just have to shake the camera?

Anyways, I think I can hold out another season till the price drops or until I get more money ie: stop being a student and get a real job.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:56 PM   #38
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Looks like we are back to having the great NCAA DIV IAA team on our schedule. I wonder if we will be able to edit our team's schedule?

Hopefully the 39 teams that didn't get the "full treatment" will have there real stadiums but not as detailed. Generic stadiums would just be pathetic.

I saw something about Bowl games and a National Champ game but no mention of conference title games. Surely they are there and just weren’t mentioned.

Overall it looks like it will be a great game. I think some features were left out for one reason, so they can add them in years to come advertised as new. I was expecting this so no big let down for me, yes it sucks but, I’m not surprised it happened. Even with some of its missteps, I actually enjoyed Madden 360. If NCAA 360 improves upon or fixes some of Madden 360s problems then this should be a great game.

Last edited by rolltide1017; 04-20-2006 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:59 PM   #39
Rookie

mesyes25's Arena

OVR: 4

Overall it looks like it will be a great game. I think some features were left out for one reason, so they can add them in years to come advertised as new. I was expecting this so no big let down for me, yes it sucks but, I’m not surprised it happened. Even with some of its missteps, I actually enjoyed Madden 360. If NCAA 360 improves upon or fixes some of Madden 360s problems then this should be a great game.[/quote]

I enjoyed madden as well, i traded it in for college hoops and right now i wish i hadnt done that because i now realize how much i enjoyed that game!!
Old 04-20-2006, 02:06 PM   #40
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesyes25
I enjoyed madden as well, i traded it in for college hoops and right now i wish i hadnt done that because i now realize how much i enjoyed that game!!
At least you traded it in for a decent game. I was itching for a new game on the 360 so I traded it in for FIFA, what a mistake that was.

I can't wait to see Bryant-Denny Stadium (hopfully with the new renovations) in all its glory on the 360. It's going to be great.

Last edited by rolltide1017; 04-20-2006 at 02:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »