Home

WHich Schools made the Top 70?

This is a discussion on WHich Schools made the Top 70? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2006, 12:43 PM   #33
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: WHich Schools made the Top 70?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Since NCAA already has most, if not all, 119 D-I stadiums in the current version, why can't they have them in the next gen... even if the bottom 49 are not as detailed insided and out as the top 70. Did they have to re-do each stadium from the ground up as well?
Short answer-yes. All of the graphic elements are in this game are being built from scratch.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:48 PM   #34
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
I imagine they're all in the game as they are on the XBox. I interperated it as more improving the big schools than them making the others generic.
That's the hope I'm hanging on.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:49 PM   #35
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
I imagine they're all in the game as they are on the XBox. I interperated it as more improving the big schools than them making the others generic.
I doubt it. When NCAA 2002 first hit the PS2 the game had accurate stadiums for between 70-80 teams, every one else got some form of generic stadium (but with the field graphics customized for each team). With each new edition EA added a few more stadiums, as well as upgrading ones already in the game.

It appears EA is following the same plan for next-gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschwendt
Considering the game is already built and just would need to be ported to PS3, I would assume that would be different in this case. I can understand not having it for 360 last year, but for PS3, the games built, just have to tweak it.

EA's history says they won't. EA released NCAA 2002 for PS2 in July 2001, but only ported Madden 2002 and not NCAA 2002 for the Xbox and Gamecube launches in November 2001. They had to wait until NCAA 2003 before the series was ported over. Expect the same with PS3 and Revolution getting Madden and not NCAA this fall(if EA bothers putting NCAA on the Revolution at all).
Old 04-21-2006, 04:48 PM   #37
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

I'd be utterly surprised if Alabama made it due to our current stadium expansion that started last December and wont end until June.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 04-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #38
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
EA's history says they won't. EA released NCAA 2002 for PS2 in July 2001, but only ported Madden 2002 and not NCAA 2002 for the Xbox and Gamecube launches in November 2001. They had to wait until NCAA 2003 before the series was ported over. Expect the same with PS3 and Revolution getting Madden and not NCAA this fall(if EA bothers putting NCAA on the Revolution at all).
Well, the only thing regarding that I can hold onto is that at the time, the Xbox was a startup system and no one knew how well it would or wouldnt take off so why put out a game for a system that may or may not be around very long. But we shall see... I can see them not releasing it for the PS3 but I would imagine Sony would have enough pull with EA to say "release everything you put out on the 360" so that it wouldnt have to even be a decision for gamers.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #39
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker9
I'd be utterly surprised if Alabama made it due to our current stadium expansion that started last December and wont end until June.
Please. Your school's stadium expansion may or may not be reflected in the game, but I would bet the farm that a traditional power like Alabama will not get the generic stadium treatment.

That's going to be reserved for the likes of the MAC, C-USA and WAC schools.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:10 PM   #40
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Please. Your school's stadium expansion may or may not be reflected in the game, but I would bet the farm that a traditional power like Alabama will not get the generic stadium treatment.

That's going to be reserved for the likes of the MAC, C-USA and WAC schools.
YAY!! He didnt mention SBC! Maybe that means we'll have all of our stadiums in the game....

oh wait, he probably didnt mention them because we're the lowlies of college football and most just want to consider us D1AA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »