Home

WHich Schools made the Top 70?

This is a discussion on WHich Schools made the Top 70? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
Rookie

mesyes25's Arena

OVR: 4
WHich Schools made the Top 70?

There are 70 schools that got the full treatment of details, including everything in a two mile radius around the stadium. Someone from EA Sports drove the country for four to five months last year taking pictures throughout each stadium and the surrounding areas. He would stand at the 50 yard line with his camera and shoot in a circle in order to realistically depict every section. He even busted out the measuring tape, taking measurements of rails, stands, seats, and sidelines then translated them into the game.

I sure pray that Texas Tech made the list
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: WHich Schools made the Top 70?

I would guess it's either the BCS conferences plus major indy's like Notre Dame... with a couple left over for bigger name schools in Non-BCS conferences...

OR

They may have gone with some arbitrary list of the TOP 70 stadiums....

OR

They may have done the TOP35-40 and shot some other stadiums in close proximity (e.g. Michigan is only a couple miles from Eastern Michigan)

OR

Who knows...

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 04-20-2006, 01:41 PM   #3
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

At a guess, I'd say the BCS conf. schools and Notre Dame are locks, so that's 67 right there (give or take a few of the bottom feeders who might get them generic treatment).
Old 04-20-2006, 02:10 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Why would they need stuff around the stadium within a 2-mile radius? Blimp shots? Hopefully the other 49 at least have accurate stadiums, but just didn't get the full surroundings modeled.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:11 PM   #5
Rookie

mesyes25's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
Why would they need stuff around the stadium within a 2-mile radius? Blimp shots? Hopefully the other 49 at least have accurate stadiums, but just didn't get the full surroundings modeled.
I think thats the case
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2006, 02:15 PM   #6
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
That's my hope too. Even if it's just the BCS schools, they've gotta have SDSU (Qualcomm/the Murph) since it's already in Madden.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:18 PM   #7
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

I imagine its the 67 BCS plus SDSU and someone else plays in Tampa Bays stadium dont they plus one other.

Im willing to bet that the other stadiums either got a port of their stadium from current gen or they all use a generic 10 or so stadiums as their home. With that said, I would assume 08 would have all stadiums in there.

My only outside wish of a hope is that they went with bowl teams plus other known programs. That would give Arkansas State a shot at getting theirs in... good luck with that and all.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:21 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschwendt
I imagine its the 67 BCS plus SDSU and someone else plays in Tampa Bays stadium dont they plus one other.

Im willing to bet that the other stadiums either got a port of their stadium from current gen or they all use a generic 10 or so stadiums as their home. With that said, I would assume 08 would have all stadiums in there.

My only outside wish of a hope is that they went with bowl teams plus other known programs. That would give Arkansas State a shot at getting theirs in... good luck with that and all.

Yeah, somehow I doubt anyone from the Sun Belt made the cut.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »