Home

The botching of "next gen"....

This is a discussion on The botching of "next gen".... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2006, 10:37 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: The botching of "next gen"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
One would expect it to be better, right?

It's not like they have to do a whole lot to do in order to make Madden '07 "much improved" over Madden '06.
Yup, and since there isn't another football title to even challenge it, everyone will have to buy Madden to play a new football game.

We will see, since NCAA is supposed to be a year behind Madden...I am hoping tha Madden will be better that NFL 2k5 or at least Madden 2005.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2006, 10:38 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
NCAA 2002 on PS2 was a HUGE upgrade over NCAA 2001 for PS1, even if it didn't retain all the features 2001 had. Right now it looks as if the gameplay and features will be better on the current gen NCAA 07 than the Xbox 360 version.
Exactly, remember both of those games were reffered to as THE BEST GAMES EVER in the genre and recieved a 9.4 and 9.0 respectivley. The feature sets were all there too. This current state is unacceptable, especially for the prices they charge.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:55 PM   #27
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
you have to remember... The amount of data and programming required to make the jump is much larger than it was from ps1 to ps2.
That mentality would fly if we knew no better. And it should be expected that the leap from PS1 to PS2 will be greater than PS2 to PS3. But given that, EA's track record for aggressively pushing the technology available isn't great. Does anyone expect the game to have a halftime show this year? Is improved presentation expected? Better OL/DL interaction? These were things that were accomplished in this gen of systems - it's not like people are demanding they give them something they've never seen. They shouldn't expect standing ovations when they get around to enacting these features 3-4 years after we've already seen them. But that's what happens when you have the consumer by the balls - you can do what you want, when you want to.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:17 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
That mentality would fly if we knew no better. And it should be expected that the leap from PS1 to PS2 will be greater than PS2 to PS3. But given that, EA's track record for aggressively pushing the technology available isn't great. Does anyone expect the game to have a halftime show this year? Is improved presentation expected? Better OL/DL interaction? These were things that were accomplished in this gen of systems - it's not like people are demanding they give them something they've never seen. They shouldn't expect standing ovations when they get around to enacting these features 3-4 years after we've already seen them. But that's what happens when you have the consumer by the balls - you can do what you want, when you want to.
Yup, I am still mad that no Halftime shows were announced in NCAA (although Madden gets more focus so my fingers are crossed.) At least a Halftime show featuring berman or something. I am hoping for EA to make that comittment to presentation that VC has made. The only reason they don't have a NBA 2night for 2k6 is because they lost the license. I am hoping they get the TNT crew for Inside the NBA, that would be great.

But they are ignoring things that are in current-gen football games.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:29 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223
Yup, I am still mad that no Halftime shows were announced in NCAA (although Madden gets more focus so my fingers are crossed.) At least a Halftime show featuring berman or something. I am hoping for EA to make that comittment to presentation that VC has made. The only reason they don't have a NBA 2night for 2k6 is because they lost the license. I am hoping they get the TNT crew for Inside the NBA, that would be great.

But they are ignoring things that are in current-gen football games.
Yeah, online leagues would be tight, too.

I know, I've already mentioned it, but it's key.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:48 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanPride
Exactly, remember both of those games were reffered to as THE BEST GAMES EVER in the genre and recieved a 9.4 and 9.0 respectivley. The feature sets were all there too. This current state is unacceptable, especially for the prices they charge.
The "Press Average" of NCAA 2002 was 8.9, 9.0 for Madden 2001, and 9.5 for Madden 2002.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:36 AM   #31
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
...and for the love of god I'm not some coked out fanboy with digital loyalty.....I just love sports gaming. Clay can vouch for me...I'm normal
Just to make this clear... I'll vouch for him... but I can't promise he's not a coked up something...

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2006, 09:47 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Just to make this clear... I'll vouch for him... but I can't promise he's not a coked up something...

wow....of all that I wrote you chose to comment on this....lmao. why am I not surprised?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »