Home

The botching of "next gen"....

This is a discussion on The botching of "next gen".... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2006, 02:33 PM   #57
No end in sight...

OVR: 20
Re: The botching of "next gen"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyinafrica
I could not agree with you more about STRIPPED Next Gen Games. When the NCAA on the PS1 transitioned to the PS2 i thought I was going to be "Blown Away" In the PS1 version we had custom plays, deep dynasty, and control over the game. So when the PS2 came out I assumed that all of the PS1 features would be in the game PLUS a visual upgrade and added featues becasue of depth in a more powerful system.

What we got shocked me... Eye candy.. No doubt PS2 looked great and played a bit better BUT we lost much of total game depth for the graphics upgrade.

The game was STRIPPED. Now in the PS2 version we have a great game, even with its faults, 06 game is great. What I am afraid will happen is we will get a better looking game but one that is stripped of all teh awesome features.

I love the idea of the new features in the 07 game.. deeper playbooks for one and corrected game play, heck even the Campus leadgend looks cool for a differnt gaming experience. But what does that mean for the PS3? Will we get a stripped game OR will it have all the current features AND THEN SOME?
I realise the 360 version is not going ot be loaded but what I am hoping is that EA and Sony still have a working relationship and that EA did not have time, due to getting teh 360 info to put every thing in the game

but please EA do not strip the game. you have a great thing going...just keep adding and tweaking....
PS3 wont see NCAA 2007. EA wont release two football games at launch to compete with each other. Madden 07 will hit PS3, but NCAA wont be on PS3 until next season.

Last edited by dagger55; 04-22-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:31 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
Very well said and every member of the Boston Tea party would applaud you. But in reality, the members of OS are the silent minority when it comes to dollars and cents. For every OSer that makes a legitimate claim of improvements needed for the games, I can probably go and find 10 mindless drones that will claim it's the best game(s) ever created. I'm sure the CEO at EA Sports doesn't have any trouble sleeping at night simply b/c of a handful of would be buyers aren't happy with the product.
I completely agree that the people who post here are the vast minority of the people who buy and play sports games. The main point of my post wasn't to cause a revolt, but to give an alternative to the sob story of "I spent x amount of money on this game and it's too gimmicky/repetitive/similar to last year, etc. and I'm upset."

Here's another alternative...Rent the game before you guy it. I'm sure there's a video store of some kind within 10 miles of anybody who comes to this site, or if you live way out in the sticks you could do the online rental thing if you don't want to drive. Would you rather pay 5 bucks to find out you don't like a game that much or 50-60?
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:16 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
For every OSer that makes a legitimate claim of improvements needed for the games, I can probably go and find 10 mindless drones that will claim it's the best game(s) ever created.
Why is it that we always refer to casual gamers as mindless or inferior? Have we developped some sort of elitism in the video game world or something? Joe Blow who likes football but doesn't know the X's and O's and just enjoys having fun with the game has a perfecty legitimate right to do so. And he may very well be more intelligent than any of us (Not saying they all are obviously). It seems this tendency to refer to casual gamers as the plague or something has been growing steadily over the years. Not trying to single you out in particular BTW it's just something I've noticed.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:52 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Why is it that we always refer to casual gamers as mindless or inferior? Have we developped some sort of elitism in the video game world or something? Joe Blow who likes football but doesn't know the X's and O's and just enjoys having fun with the game has a perfecty legitimate right to do so. And he may very well be more intelligent than any of us (Not saying they all are obviously). It seems this tendency to refer to casual gamers as the plague or something has been growing steadily over the years. Not trying to single you out in particular BTW it's just something I've noticed.
Your correct, but the problem we "hardcore" gamers have is we want a sim style game not one leaned more towards acrade. But I would guess that the plagu.... uh I mean casual gamers out number us 5 to 1. Do the math, EA could give a rats a$$ about the 1 they care about the 5, and you cant blame them.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:55 PM   #61
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Perhaps mindless was a politically incorrect term to use. However, I know plenty of people that will buy Madden without looking at any previews or reviews....I guess blind loyalty is the appropriate term.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2006, 09:59 PM   #62
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Perhaps mindless was a politically incorrect term to use. However, I know plenty of people that will buy Madden without looking at any previews or reviews....I guess blind loyalty is the appropriate term.
No your completely right, the world has to pander to idiots.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:40 AM   #63
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Madden 2003 was much better than madden 2001. When ever you have a new system with sports games you have to give them at least 3 years its only fair. You don't expect a rookie QB who you just drated number 1 to come into the league and tear it up. It takes time I'm not making any excuses for anyone but give these games 3 years then start bitching.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:35 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Madden 2003 was much better than madden 2001. When ever you have a new system with sports games you have to give them at least 3 years its only fair. You don't expect a rookie QB who you just drated number 1 to come into the league and tear it up. It takes time I'm not making any excuses for anyone but give these games 3 years then start bitching.
And here I thought that everyone saying < Just wait till next year > was getting out of control, and you come out and say just wait till <3 years from now>.

Im glad you accept mediocracy and dont want a change, however there are many that do. "Wait 3 years".....youve got to be kidding me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »