Home

Can 2k Sports make a college game?

This is a discussion on Can 2k Sports make a college game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2006, 07:44 PM   #9
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Can 2k Sports make a college game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Thats because nfl 2k3 wasnt really that good, but the progress that they made with nfl 2k5 shows the college game would be awesome.

I actually think EA owns me also
How did NFL 2k5 show that the college game would be awesome?

NFL 2k5 was nothing more than eye-candy and played like garbage. The playbooks were abysmal. At the time my four year old son could beat anyone that he played online and offline running the same FB dive play with Mike Alstott and Tampa Bay. So don't tell me that NFL 2k5 was a great game. No strategy was needed and the AI was horrible.

And even if you did enjoy the game... it doesn't mean that 2K would make a great college football game. Hell, right now 2K can't even make glitch free games. There are many people that still can't play MLB 2K6. College Hoops 2k6 became a frisbee after the patch. And the Hockey game was a joke.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:58 PM   #10
Pro

blueduke's Arena

OVR: 7

I have to respectfully disagree. NFL 2K5 was better than Madden imo. I think it's even better than Madden 06. I know plenty of guys playing 2K5 with updated rosters as opposed to Madden.

NHL 2k6 a joke???? It plays a great game of hockey. It's not for casual fans though. You want to talk about jokes let's talk NHL 06. Now THAT game is a disgrace console as well as PC. I do however agree MLB 2K6 is a huge disappointment. Also agree that success in making a pro game doesn't mean it'll carry over to the making of a college game. I wouldn't say that VC's effort in 2k2 would mean they couldn't make a good college game today as well. EA has proven that after the trash that was known as Triple Play one can recover and make a solid game

Last edited by blueduke; 04-23-2006 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:37 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
They didn't when were making college football games
They made one game 5 years ago, lol. I never played it, so i really cant comment on it, but judging by how vc/2k progressed with thier NFL game from 2001-2005 in the same timespan that madden "progressed" in that same timespan, I would say its a pretty good bet they would be able to put out a good college game. EA needs competition or every year will be the same from here on out, just a roster update with added feature or two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2006, 08:44 PM   #12
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogs14
They made one game 5 years ago, lol. I never played it, so i really cant comment on it, but judging by how vc/2k progressed with thier NFL game from 2001-2005 in the same timespan that madden "progressed" in that same timespan, I would say its a pretty good bet they would be able to put out a good college game. EA needs competition or every year will be the same from here on out, just a roster update with added feature or two.
Big assumption their buddy..
Old 04-23-2006, 09:04 PM   #13
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

This needs to be locked.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 04-23-2006, 09:36 PM   #14
Pro

blueduke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Big assumption their buddy..
Good thing for EA we didn't "assume" MVP would play like Triple Play. The point that was being made by Hogs regarding VC's quality progression in their football game was a valid one. I guess since NBA Live 06 is garbage on the 360 this year it would be a "big assumption" that EA will correct their wrongs for next year's edition? The smart money says they will

Last edited by blueduke; 04-23-2006 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:55 PM   #15
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueduke
I have to respectfully disagree. NFL 2K5 was better than Madden imo. I think it's even better than Madden 06. I know plenty of guys playing 2K5 with updated rosters as opposed to Madden.

NHL 2k6 a joke???? It plays a great game of hockey. It's not for casual fans though. You want to talk about jokes let's talk NHL 06. Now THAT game is a disgrace console as well as PC. I do however agree MLB 2K6 is a huge disappointment. Also agree that success in making a pro game doesn't mean it'll carry over to the making of a college game. I wouldn't say that VC's effort in 2k2 would mean they couldn't make a good college game today as well. EA has proven that after the trash that was known as Triple Play one can recover and make a solid game

blueduke,

For those that can play NHL 2k6 it is a fun game. But there are too many people that are experincing the same freeze problems that all 2K games on the 360 are complaining about. The game locks up during franchise mode. It amazes me that the only remedy that is being offered is to remove the HDD and play the game without it attached. And then buy a separate memory card to save the game to. That is ridiculous. I bought a premium console with the HDD already attached. I shouldn't have to spend an additional $40 for a memory card and remove my HDD to just play an uninterrupted game of NHL 2K6.

It's not that I don't like 2k because I love their College Hoops 2K series... I am just tired of all the problems with glitches, freezes and other problems that are skirted during Quality testing.

Personally I've always felt that the NCAA Football series is the best football games made and I didn't have problems with NCAA Football '05. I do believe that NCAA '04 and NCAA '06 were great games. I'm just not a fan of the ESPN 2K football series and can't explain why there is so many followers. It is just over hyped eye-candy. But to each his own. I just don't drink the same Kool-Aide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2006, 10:58 PM   #16
Pro

blueduke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRDALE_KINGS
blueduke,

For those that can play NHL 2k6 it is a fun game. But there are too many people that are experincing the same freeze problems that all 2K games on the 360 are complaining about. The game locks up during franchise mode. It amazes me that the only remedy that is being offered is to remove the HDD and play the game without it attached. And then buy a separate memory card to save the game to. That is ridiculous. I bought a premium console with the HDD already attached. I shouldn't have to spend an additional $40 for a memory card and remove my HDD to just play an uninterrupted game of NHL 2K6.

It's not that I don't like 2k because I love their College Hoops 2K series... I am just tired of all the problems with glitches, freezes and other problems that are skirted during Quality testing.

Personally I've always felt that the NCAA Football series is the best football games made and I didn't have problems with NCAA Football '05. I do believe that NCAA '04 and NCAA '06 were great games. I'm just not a fan of the ESPN 2K football series and can't explain why there is so many followers. It is just over hyped eye-candy. But to each his own. I just don't drink the same Kool-Aide.

FK if your only beef with NHL 2K6 is the freezes I can understand your gripe. Luckily I'm not having those issues but I was under the impression it was b/c of the gameplay itself. NHL2K has some of the best A.I. in any sports game imo. As for "kool aide drinkers" there are plenty in both camps.

I agree with you that EA's NCAA football series is the best (and most fun to play) pigskin game on the market and I'm not saying 2K could top it but going on a game that was quickly put together 6 years ago is not a valid assessment of what kind of game they could make today. Just as Triple Play was improved from trash to a great game I'm sure a college football game effort by 2K would be better too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »