Home

A solution to the Hardcore vs Casual gamer debate..

This is a discussion on A solution to the Hardcore vs Casual gamer debate.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2006, 05:11 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: A solution to the Hardcore vs Casual gamer debate..

I'm all for a real Saturday experience. I don't care about setting food prices and all that crap that you had to do in Owner mode in madden. I want a real playing game that doesn't let me win by 80 all the time on All American and lose by 80 all the time on Heisman. I want great graphics and as far as extra features, I want the ability to enlarge the stadium as the team increases attendance and since I was in a major division 1 marching band it would be nice to see that part of the college pagentry in the game such as a short pregame with the fight song, just something to get the blood flowing from excitement. Other than that, it's all about the way the game plays for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2006, 05:30 PM   #26
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

How about designating one of the diffuculty levels to a true sim?
Old 04-25-2006, 06:00 PM   #27
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurd2817
How about designating one of the diffuculty levels to a true sim?
That's a good idea Man...
Old 04-25-2006, 06:37 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 12

Know the saying, < If it dont make dollars, it dont make sense> ? Thats exactly why we will never see this idea hit the light of day.

As it is now, even if they were to release Madden with a Tecmo Bowl engine with 10 Yard Fight graphics, it would still sell millions. All the so called casuals would buy it and love it, and all the hard core would buy it and complain. Either way, EA gets their money.

Why make 2 games, when the 1 you make will sell just as many copies as if you have split up into 2 teams, doubled your dev cost etc?

No matter what they do, they will get the same number of sales either way they go. No business reason for them to ever consider such an idea as this.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:00 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Know the saying, < If it dont make dollars, it dont make sense> ? Thats exactly why we will never see this idea hit the light of day.

As it is now, even if they were to release Madden with a Tecmo Bowl engine with 10 Yard Fight graphics, it would still sell millions. All the so called casuals would buy it and love it, and all the hard core would buy it and complain. Either way, EA gets their money.

Why make 2 games, when the 1 you make will sell just as many copies as if you have split up into 2 teams, doubled your dev cost etc?

No matter what they do, they will get the same number of sales either way they go. No business reason for them to ever consider such an idea as this.
That my friend is the problem. Too many folks acting as if your in a Sales Meeting with EA Executives. I think we are all keenly aware of business policy. Bottom line, its about the bottom line. We all realize that. My proposal comes strictly from a consumer perspective. My only interest in EA is the product they deliver, not in how many pockets are lined. My proposal would satisfy those that crave to be Cyber GMs (Arcade version) and those that want to compete against other hardcore gamers in trying to duplicate the excitement we get on Saturdays and Sundays.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:14 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
That my friend is the problem. Too many folks acting as if your in a Sales Meeting with EA Executives. I think we are all keenly aware of business policy. Bottom line, its about the bottom line. We all realize that. My proposal comes strictly from a consumer perspective. My only interest in EA is the product they deliver, not in how many pockets are lined. My proposal would satisfy those that crave to be Cyber GMs (Arcade version) and those that want to compete against other hardcore gamers in trying to duplicate the excitement we get on Saturdays and Sundays.
Your proposal would also not make EA or an extra dime. If you understand business, then you know people are in the business to make money and more of it. Your proposal would satisfy you and the other hardcore people, yes....but you are going to buy the next new game that releases anyways...so why incur 2x the cost to put out a game, that you ( and the other ) hardcore are going to buy anyways?
Old 04-25-2006, 07:44 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Your proposal would also not make EA or an extra dime. If you understand business, then you know people are in the business to make money and more of it. Your proposal would satisfy you and the other hardcore people, yes....but you are going to buy the next new game that releases anyways...so why incur 2x the cost to put out a game, that you ( and the other ) hardcore are going to buy anyways?
Crimson. Am I missing something? I thought this site was called Operation Sports. A site for GAMERS to discuss sports games. I didn't know it was the EA Sports Business Policy 101 site?

What are you not following? You obviously classify yourself as a casual gamer. My proposal would allow you to Franchise mode to your hearts content, not to be bothered by those of us who just want to compete. Crimson, believe you me, it has been painfully obvious for years that EA is only concerned with the bottom line. There was a group of developers that tried each year to appease us hardcore folks (VC). Although not perfect by any stretch, the NFL 2k series, at least made an effort to appease us hardcore folks (gameplay/graphics), as well as you casual gamers with the Crib stuff. They are no longer in the ballgame. Since EA is so slanted towards the casual gamer, I'm just trying to reach a happy medium. Crimson, unless your an employee of EA, can you speak for yourself as opposed to the company line. If your saying as aq casual gamer you couldn't care less what the hardcore gamer wants, THEN your saying something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2006, 07:44 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

Yeah...I dont ever see this happening in form of a simultaneous release.

Think about it, they will need more people working on the game which means more people to pay. Casual gamers are not stupid, they are not going to buy one version, be happy with it and buy the other out of curiousity.

In fact, they will commit to one version and avoid the other. If they want to play the other version than they will play it wth a friend or rent it.

You know your idea sort of resembles Pokemon red/blue so it could work but Pokemon is a bit different. Usually people bought one version of the game and if they wanted something from someone...trade with them.

Also it is a bad idea gameplay wise. I would rather have one Madden with ALL the features and gameplay. Than two seperate Madden's, one that is oozing of features, and one that plays perfectly on the field.

People praise gameplay, but games need features to present that gameplay. I dont know about you guys but even if it was great on the field, it would get boring if all it had was a lame franchise and online.

Playing against people could be cool, but the cheesers mess it up. I just finished a dunkfest on NBA2k6 and I think I am going to find a new game to play online.

Last edited by Leahmic223; 04-25-2006 at 07:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »