Home

Please Help Me!

This is a discussion on Please Help Me! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
Rookie

oklahoma19's Arena

OVR: 3
Please Help Me!

I'm very torn upon the decision to either buy an Xbox 360 or wait for a PS3. I only play sports games (Madden, NCAA) so I was wondering what you guys think I should do. Buy a 360 now and play 07 or wait till next year ( ) and buy a PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2006, 02:01 PM   #2
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Please Help Me!

I, too, play only sports games (NCAA, Madden, College Hoops, NBA 2k, NHL 2k) on X-Box and will likely get a 360 when the price drops (by several accounts, the price will drop about $100 before Christmas). I'm not sure when the PS3 comes out, but if it comes out before the 360 price drops and the PS3 gets excellent reviews (better than 360), then I'll strongly consider PS3.
However, something tells me that the 360 is going to be the better system, much like the X-Box, by popular opinion, is better than the PS2.
But, for now, I'm happy with the regular X-Box.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:03 PM   #3
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

I would probally settle for a 360. I just have a feeling that the PS3 isn't going to be as good as the 360.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:15 PM   #4
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

If all you're gonna play is madden and ncaa, I would just get what it cheaper. Graphics and gameplay will be better on ps2, but I would think for 07 not a huge difference. Ps3 online is gonna be FREE, as opposed to xbox live which isn't.

and ps3 is gonna support 8 controllers, sometime in the future 8 peopl in 1 game will work without chaos.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:13 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

I too am torn with the decision between Ps3 and 360, but every game for the 360 so far (sports wise) has been crap. IMO. NCAA 360 doesn't even sound as good as the ps2 version, so the only way I am getting a 360 instead of the juggernaunt that is Blu Ray and ps3 is if I see something really special from Madden, bc last years effort on the 360 wasn't even close. Or if the Ps3 retails for over 500.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2006, 04:47 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Madden on the 360 will be a whole lot better than last year. That is a given.

With that said, the answer is quite simple. Ask yourself this yes/no question and all of your problems will be solved.

Can you wait one more year to play sports games on a next gen console? Because the games on the 360 will be better than those on the PS3 because the developers have already worked on the 360 and haven't yet on the PS3.

That should help you out.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-30-2006, 05:53 PM   #7
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

If all you gonna play is madden/ncaa, get the 360. The only games on 360 are sports and FPS, that's why no one is buying them.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:19 PM   #8
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

the ea games are going to be ports from the 360 to the ps3, that's already been stated by the developers, so basically they will be the same games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »