Home

Sticking with the current gen version?

This is a discussion on Sticking with the current gen version? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2006, 12:10 PM   #49
Rookie

daveyboy79's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Sticking with the current gen version?

I have a PS2 and a 360. Had Madden 06 for both, I found the gameplay to be a little sluggish on the 360, please note not the physics the gameplay, like swating at balls on defense as an example. Which I perceive as two different things. However I saw enough from the 360 version to have high hopes for this year's offering.

I am hopeful that NCAA will play smoother than Madden 06 on the 360. I haven't decided but I am leaning toward the 360 version - I already paid for it at a gamestop but I can change my mind. It will depend on what I see from reviews and clips for both.

BTW, the last PS2 game I bought was NCAA Baseball only because I was jonsing for a baseball game. Other than that its too difficult for me to go back to current gen, the only case would be for this year's NCAA or Madden.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:33 PM   #50
Pro

UNLV_1999's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm sticking with current gen due to price and the fact that it takes at least 2 generations to get the gameplay back up to par for the next system. I wished they would have held off on the new systems because I've yet to hear of a gameplay improvement that couldn't have been done on current gen. Its mainly a graphics improvement for the first two years. NCAA 2008 may rock though on the 360.
I agree with you. In some cases it may take 3 versions of the game. Madden 2003 was much better than 01 on PS2 and NCAA 2004 was much better than 2002.

Florida Gators, MBA 2007
Football: 1996, 2006
Basketball: 2006, 2007

UNLV Runnin' Rebels, BS Business Administration 1999
Basketball: 1990
Old 05-06-2006, 08:46 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
When are push tackles big hits..& the cone vision is lame..Sorry, there are no flashlights on the field of play..
Well a big hit is basically a guy pushing/driving another to the ground which is defined as a tackle so I do think you're splitting hairs. As for the flashlight on the field of play? There are always going to be things in videogames that are not in the real sport of play to make the game more interesting and/or realistic.

In real life a QB throws the ball with his arm to a receiver he sees. He doesn't push button A to throw it to a guy running down the field with a big glowing A above his head does he? So doesn't that make the passing interface of all football games unrealistic? What you say is really weak IMO. Until we get virtual reality there are always going to be videogame elements that are there to make the game more realistic while in some fashion also making it appear more...well videogamish and less like what you see on TV. I doubt you'll see VR in your lifetime so you had better get used to that aspect.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2006, 02:34 AM   #52
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

The kind of money needed for a 360 is pretty large for someone only interested in NCAA and Madden...I'll be an XBox guy till a price drop hits.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:54 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Well a big hit is basically a guy pushing/driving another to the ground which is defined as a tackle so I do think you're splitting hairs. As for the flashlight on the field of play? There are always going to be things in videogames that are not in the real sport of play to make the game more interesting and/or realistic.

In real life a QB throws the ball with his arm to a receiver he sees. He doesn't push button A to throw it to a guy running down the field with a big glowing A above his head does he? So doesn't that make the passing interface of all football games unrealistic? What you say is really weak IMO. Until we get virtual reality there are always going to be videogame elements that are there to make the game more realistic while in some fashion also making it appear more...well videogamish and less like what you see on TV. I doubt you'll see VR in your lifetime so you had better get used to that aspect.
We don't need VR..I just don't get all these hard hitting push tackles..Fake as can be..& there should be another way to implement the vision cone without the flashlight..

"In real life a QB throws the ball with his arm to a receiver he sees. He doesn't push button A to throw it to a guy running down the field with a big glowing A above his head does he?"
Now you are being a smart arse..Ofcourse it's a game..But we wanta realistic game. EA could have done the vision feature without the cone & light.With your thinking, suction blocking shouldn't be a problem because "there are always going to be videogame elements that are there to make the game more realistic while in some fashion also making it appear more...well videogamish" Since EA won't fix the blocking AI, they use suction blocking as a easy fix for realism, which it isn't.Just like the flash light..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340

Last edited by koolbubbaice; 05-07-2006 at 04:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »