Home

thank god we can designate our impact players this year

This is a discussion on thank god we can designate our impact players this year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2006, 05:00 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: thank god we can designate our impact players this year

if i remember correctly the article said impact playeR, as in no "s" on the end, singular. if there is only 1 IP per team i think that would be a nice improvement.

they just better tone them down properly this year. as juiced up as IP's were this year i'd rather face 90-whatever rated lendale white than an 82 rated IP RB for a sun belt school.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:16 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Smile Re: thank god we can designate our impact players this year

yes EA definitely went overboard with the impact players in 06...it was so frustrating having a small school QB burn your defense with pinpoint passing and shake and bake scrambles. I could even handle one IP on offense and one IP on defense as long as they were the highest rated players on their team at that time.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:27 PM   #11
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It doesn't affect online play i'll bet. But that's just fine with me because since I usually play random people I am forced to run with all the major schools and usually their impact players are correct because EA spends more time on them than the muppet schools.
Michigan must be a Muppet school then because OLB Pierre Woods was an impact player in NCAA 2006.

Woods didn't even start for Michigan in 2005. The other two were correct, halfback Mike Hart and receiver Steve Breaston, though Breaston has more impact on special teams in real life than on offense.

I'm hoping CB Leon Hall, HB Mike Hart and QB Chad Henne are the impact players for Michigan this year. I could see Breaston getting it again and Hall or Henne being the other one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
Michigan must be a Muppet school then because OLB Pierre Woods was an impact player in NCAA 2006.

Woods didn't even start for Michigan in 2005. The other two were correct, halfback Mike Hart and receiver Steve Breaston, though Breaston has more impact on special teams in real life than on offense.

I'm hoping CB Leon Hall, HB Mike Hart and QB Chad Henne are the impact players for Michigan this year. I could see Breaston getting it again and Hall or Henne being the other one.

Dang, that does suck man, no wonder I could ever win with Michigan. I just thought it was because the game knew I was a Buckeyes fan, LOL. I was trying to get all wins with all the top 25 teams and I swear it took me 5 or 10 online games to get a W with Michigan.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-04-2006, 08:41 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montezuma
impact players change based on performance in the game now.
they change in-game? where did you see this? i thought they just changed over the course of a season. not in-game...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-04-2006, 08:49 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35

not trying to start an argument or anything, just making a football observation. steve breaston might be the most overrated RECEIVER in the last decade. the dude is dynamite returning kicks but he's averaging less than 10 yards per catch of the last two seasons. and it's not like he's pulling down 70 catches a year, 34 and 26 for 291 yards each of the last two seasons.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:09 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

I will have to agree with you there tate09...Stevie is dynamite on the returns but hasn't lit it up in the receiving area yet but, I always liked Jason Avant because he was dependable over the middle and could get you the clutch first down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #16
Pro

They don't change within a game, but they do change throughout the season. IP change in 'the' game now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »