Home

Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace?

This is a discussion on Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2006, 09:34 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
NOW we're getting somewhere. The "no big deal" tone of your other responses was a bit confusing. EA royally screwed 360 owners this year with that crap sandwich they called Madden, and now they want to find more ways to profit from mediocrity?

I agree about there being fair ways of integrating this; I'm just not willing to believe the EA will be fair until I see it.

By the way, do you think those funky Nike alternates will be in the game this year (e.g., the Florida blue with one orange shoulder)? If so, will we be able to pick two different long sleeve colors as well? Now THAT is something "purchasable," I think. (Not that I'd buy it...)
Yeah I'll bet those crazy looking things will be in. As the poster above said, it'd be cool to continuously update the game throughout the year in various facets such as more and more unis and etc for very small price on the Marketplace. But again, as a 90% online player I want all the options like this to be usable online whenever possible.

But this whole disagreement basically brings up a fundamental question that has plagued the Xbox Live Marketplace. Many people view it as a nice way to buy stuff to add on to their games whereas other people hold it in a somewhat hostile view that companies will start charging us for every little thing. I think there's going to have to be compromises here by the companies in general. If they nickel and dime us to death then people will be angry. But if they provide what people feel is a reasonable value for games out of the box and add stuff later then it should be ok.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-09-2006, 09:47 PM   #10
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Point taken, but don't get caught up in semantics. If I want to use alternate uniforms, I'll have to purchase them, which is another way for EA to milk their fan base. Once I've purchased the game, that option should be available to me; I shouldn't have to purchase IT as well.

$60 for the game. That should cover all the traditional "basic elements" of a video football game.
I agree. That would suck if we are now going to be charged for alternate uniforms in NEXTGEN, especially since it is free on current GEN. Where will it end... soon we'll have to pay for helmet stickers, create-a-team logos, trophies, etc.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:03 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

this is crazy next season the game will come with the BSC conferences and then you will have to buy Conference USA and Sunbelt from Xbox live LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2006, 10:13 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINSTON11
this is crazy next season the game will come with the BSC conferences and then you will have to buy Conference USA and Sunbelt from Xbox live LOL
The perfect thread for EA bashers.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 05-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #13
Rookie

FilthyRich's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
No one's forcing you to buy though. IMO it sounds like a great idea just so long as it's reasonably priced.
don't lie to yourself dog.

nothing about this sounds great at all. sounds like a scam. i can understand if it was different stadiums or something, but for the most part you should be able to unlock features like this on the game, if anything. im with the threadstarter on this one.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:51 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyRich
don't lie to yourself dog.

nothing about this sounds great at all. sounds like a scam. i can understand if it was different stadiums or something, but for the most part you should be able to unlock features like this on the game, if anything. im with the threadstarter on this one.
Again, it all comes back to value and what is considered "extra". That's the bottom line. To some having 5 to 7 extra alternate jerseys in the game is....well just an extra thing, whereas to others they may feel they deserve all of the jerseys for their $60.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:51 PM   #15
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Again, it all comes back to value and what is considered "extra". That's the bottom line. To some having 5 to 7 extra alternate jerseys in the game is....well just an extra thing, whereas to others they may feel they deserve all of the jerseys for their $60.
I don't know why you keep defending EA on this. Are you on the payroll or in their PR department?
There's nothing good about this. It is an absolute scam. I think for $60 everything and more should be included in these games.
This sets a dangerous precedent. The guy who wondered if in the future we'll be paying extra for lower-level conferences might not be far off. Who knows what these greedy clowns will come up with next. We might have to pay extra to have the fourth quarters of games included.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2006, 12:08 AM   #16
Rookie

tigerfan2's Arena

OVR: 6

I paid $60 bucks for the game. It should be a whole game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »