Home

Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace?

This is a discussion on Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2006, 12:37 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2
I paid $60 bucks for the game. It should be a whole game.
A whole game is subjective, no sports videogame will ever be whole in our lifetimes. To include every detail, every uniform, every chin strap, etc would define a 'whole' game. Is the game incomplete because it has every alternate jersey in it except the 1966 Kentuck Wildcats jersey?

As for why I'm defending EA here it is because we should encourage, not discourage them to continue to offer support for their sports games year round, not just when they launch. Because of the cycle of sports games if a feature such as an alternate jersey is not ready in time for the games launch it just gets left out until next year, if they go this route then if something doesn't make it in at the titles launch we could still get it later, albeit at a small price.

I do agree with you guys that it would be ridiculious for example if they said "from now on only the top 25 teams in the nation are in the game and to get the rest of the teams you have to buy them on Xbox Live Marketplace" but that is simply extreme to believe that and by saying that it displays no real common sense and if EA released that type of stuff then they would have no common sense.

If we want our game companies to continue to offer add-ons and enhancements that go beyond what many Joe Blow Average Consumer would define as a whole game (our definitions here are very different from the average consumer of EA's games) then we should welcome this, not decry it. Think about it, we are followers to the extreme, do you really think the average consumer would feel outraged if a couple of alternate uniforms are not in the game? No, they wouldn't. They probably wouldn't even notice in fact.

This sort of thing can only benefit us if done in moderation and EA does not abuse it.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 05-10-2006 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:46 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Going the other way. I paid $60 for the game, I'd rather them work on other things then put, stupid, to me, things like throwback jerseys in the game.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:38 AM   #19
All Star

OVR: 17

I call BS - thats like them admiting they're not selling you a complete game! It's one thing to patch a game, but selling alternate jersey's is highway robbery. The 360 version is 59.99 retail for that much moolah they should have every jersey in the game from jump(screw that unlockable stuff).

Now the surprise jersey changes in mid season are a different story, but for the ones that we already know exist it would be a chump move putting them up for sale. I know they aren't forcing us to buy these if they do chose to do it, but I think it's wrong considering that the alternate uni's were included in the game for i dont know how many past years.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:46 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
You do get the whole game..You make it sound like they will make you purchase features or somthing..When you pay your 60.00 you just get whats labeled on the back of the box..Anything extra is fair game.. If any of you really want to show your displeasure don't buy the game, ofcourse that won't happen. It becomes a moot point..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 05-10-2006, 03:12 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think they should put everything they possibly can into every game. They always give us the line of "we really wanted to include that feature this year but we just ran out of time". If they have the time to create alternate jerseys, put them in the damn game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2006, 05:06 AM   #22
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolPett
I think its a great idea for uniforms that EA did not have time to update. Every year certain uniform changes or alternative uniform combos don't make the game. This would give EA a chance to continually update the game.
I think you'll find it is a simple "unlock" feature, I doubt they add content later. The texturing etc would have to be in the game already.

So, basically, they're there, but they're locked. I'm perfectely fine with them adding content down the track for a cost, but to unlock stuff that's already there? that's a new low.

Even if you think it is fine in principle, they still spent time making something during the game's development period that you don't get to use for the retail price. The time and resources it took to create the locked content and then the system that handles the transaction and unlocking process could have been better spent for your retail money.

And where does the line get drawn? That's the biggest fear of mine in tomorrow's world of gaming.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:57 AM   #23
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

A question: I agree that having to buy alternate jerseys is uncool, but why is the negative reaction to this being directed solely at EA? After all, it was MS who created the concept of XLM as a place to sell additional content for existing titles. Shouldn't they be catching more of the backlash over this?
Old 05-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #24
Rookie

VolPett's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The perfect thread for EA bashers.
...or people who don't believe in capitalism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »