Home

Where is the current gen love from E3?

This is a discussion on Where is the current gen love from E3? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2006, 01:49 PM   #17
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Where is the current gen love from E3?

Madden 2005 was the last PSX version I believe. Madden is different to NCAA though - more buyers means more people still on old gen.

As I feared coming into E3, the most anticipated game for me is NCAA 07 360....and being i'm in a PAL region (Australia), i'm pretty much screwed unless I import an NCAA 360 (not gunna happen), or unless a mod chip pops out of no where in the next 2 months (not gunna happen). This means it's pretty much current gen for me until NCAA 08. So yeah, i'm also pretty annoyed very little info is out about current gen.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:21 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 21

My guess as to why the current gen games weren't shown is because the current gen games compare favorably to the next gen games. Imo they will play better, with more features and depth. Wouldn't be in EA's best interest to have people openly debating that on the floor.

And the current gen games are going to be sold for at least the next 3-4yrs at least. Just too large of an installed user base. This will likely be the last year where the current gen games have "significant" improvements (what EA deems is significant that is), but there's no danger in them not making the game. The games will easily sell millions with roster updates and additional animations. It's the simple and sad truth.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:02 PM   #19
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

so can somebody summarize, what are the major differences between the 360 version and the xbox version? i don't have the 360 yet, but i'm seriously getting tempted to after e3 coverage.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:14 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

How much to yall think the next gen systems will cost a year from now? I'll probably end up getting one right before NCAA 08 comes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »