Home

Hellisan impresions/pics

This is a discussion on Hellisan impresions/pics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2006, 01:39 AM   #1
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Hellisan impresions/pics

Quote:
My thoughts and impressions about NCAA 2007 (360)

To be completely honest with you guys, the version of NCAA that I'm most excited about is the Ps2 version. Graphics really aren't that big of a deal to me (I think the PS2 graphics are great) and I enjoyed the heck out of both 2005 and 2006.... Unlike all you guys. So take my comments with a grain of salt. There wasn't a PS2 version at the show, that I saw. I asked around, too. This writeup will cover only the 360 version.

First... there's something being lost in all of the criticism being leveled at this game. If you keep reading, you'll find out what it is.

Watching the opening sequence of the first game I played, I was conflicted. The stadium was gorgeous as the camera panned in, but the framerate was [img]awful. Framerate, I believe, can and will be fixed. The stadiums are awesome. Keep in mind, as may have been mentioned on the board previously, not all stadiums are in the game this year. According to an EA rep, they basically took the top 50 teams and created custom stadiums down to minute details for those 50, and then created some general stadiums for the rest of the teams as well as all of the bowl-game stadiums. This is a rebuilding year. The pressure (both self-inflicted and concentrated on the developers by the fans to have a new game each year) to put out a new game every year means that when you're building the game for a next-gen system for the first time, many things will not be able to be included. The rep said that as soon as the game is done, they will set about adding the remaining stadiums.

What I want to impart, though, is that the stadiums that are included are phenomenal. I'll post all of the pictures I took a little later on, and I really tried to get some pictures that show the detail that's included in the stadiums that are in the game.

Well, I'll post this so's y'all have something to read, and then start more of a point-by-point breakdown of what I saw today.

Theres 3 picturs if you hit the link

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=131558
Just a heads up!

EDIT: He added more pictures and more impressions of graphics

Last edited by Kevin26385; 05-13-2006 at 02:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2006, 02:24 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Hellisan impresions/pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Just a heads up!

EDIT: He added more pictures and more impressions of graphics
Wow I read that and I still don't know what I read...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-13-2006, 03:42 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Wow I read that and I still don't know what I read...
He lost all cred with me, when he said hes looking forward to the PS2 version more..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 05-13-2006, 06:44 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
He lost all cred with me, when he said hes looking forward to the PS2 version more..
Yeah, I'm looking most forward to the PS2 version....yet they didn't have the PS2 version on the floor....

SOunds like a Sony fanboy to me.

Old 05-13-2006, 09:35 AM   #5
EA Game Changer

I just lost credit with him also...He said the framerate was terrible..When I have read 4 impressions from gamesites like IGN and gamespot, then you have madscientist and pasta...niether of which said anything about framerate.

Owell he is still posting pics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2006, 11:28 AM   #6
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Yeah, I'm looking most forward to the PS2 version....yet they didn't have the PS2 version on the floor....

SOunds like a Sony fanboy to me.
Perhaps he is just looking forward more to the new features being implemented on current gen and does not own an Xbox nor Xbox360? Hell, I'm looking forward more to PS2, but that's because I am not going next gen yet and already own a PS2. Am I a fanboy?
Old 05-13-2006, 11:31 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsoldier
Perhaps he is just looking forward more to the new features being implemented on current gen and does not own an Xbox nor Xbox360? Hell, I'm looking forward more to PS2, but that's because I am not going next gen yet and already own a PS2. Am I a fanboy?
Yes, abosolutely 100%.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #8
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsoldier
Just laugh if someone calls you a sony fanboy, most everyone here is an xbox fanboy, if the graphics are good they don't care if half of the rest of the game its taken out. That's why people buy xboxs in the first place; xbox = good graphics with crappy games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »