Home

This game is seriously making me want to buy a 360...

This is a discussion on This game is seriously making me want to buy a 360... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2006, 11:17 PM   #9
MVP

dust247's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: This game is seriously making me want to buy a 360...

I'm feeling the same way, but I'll probably stick with the PS2 for another year then buy a XBOX 360 or PS3. If I had extra money, I'd go out and buy the 360 and this game when it comes out.
Iowa Hawkeyes (NCAA)
Minnesota Twins (MLB)
Tennessee Volunteers (NCAA)
Old 05-13-2006, 11:53 PM   #10
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

I've have a PS2 and Xbox, so I'll be sticking with that at least another year. I'm thinking (hoping) that the 2008 next gen games will be worth the price of admission. I can't justify buying a system soley for NCAA 2007.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:05 AM   #11
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Untill he tells you to sell it for a PS3 and then tells you to repurchase your 360 3 months later .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2006, 04:23 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
I hear ya dude. I have an ordinary xbox also. I know at some point in time I'll be getting the 360. But to this point, the sports games (only type i buy) haven't exactly received rave reviews. And to be honest, I really didn't expect the impressions from E3 to be so positive. I figured I had a fair amount of time to make the decision and hopefully the price drop would have coincided with such. However, all bets seem to be off now that most impressions have exceeded expectations. I did not expect to be faced with this dilemma so soon. I'm not a graphics ho, but they do look oh so impressive. And even the gameplay seems to be a great deal more refined than I had expected for the first version. I appears as though I'll be making the jump. Do you really need HD to truly take advantage of what the 360 has to offer?
There are actually several terrific 360 sports games- NBA 2K6, NCAA 2K6, NHL 2K6 and Fight Night 3 are all top notch. Plus you can play Winning Eleven 9 on the 360, which is a must. I still have an old PS2 lying around so I can fire up NFL2K5 and Madden from time to time, but for the most part, the other sports are all better represented on the 360.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:44 AM   #13
Rookie

FilthyRich's Arena

OVR: 1

nba 2k7, madden 07, and ncaa are enough next gen sports title to buy a 360. i bought mine at the beginning of the year, so my next step is getting a quality hdtv.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:57 AM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
Is anyone else feeling the same way (if you have a current gen system in general)? And I'm wondering if I should wait until next year when the game is a bit more well-rounded...any suggestions on that (I have a PS2, so I wouldn't have any backwards compatible games)?
I feel the same way. I'm very tempted but with some of the framerate issues at E3 and a lack of every feature in current gen, I'm guessing waiting one more year of refinement along with a price drop will be the best way to go. I am very tempted though.

As for the PS3, unless you want the Blue Rae DVD player, there is no point waiting for that and spending an extra $200 US plus tax for what will be basically the same game. I expect very little difference between the 360 and PS3 in terms of gaming ability.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:48 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm going to have some self control and just stick with my ps2 until all the games I want have been past their debut. If this was the 2nd version of NCAA then I would be already at Best Buy buying an Xbox 360.

The price of the PS2 is just too steep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2006, 08:53 PM   #16
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac
There are actually several terrific 360 sports games- NBA 2K6, NCAA 2K6, NHL 2K6 and Fight Night 3 are all top notch. Plus you can play Winning Eleven 9 on the 360, which is a must. I still have an old PS2 lying around so I can fire up NFL2K5 and Madden from time to time, but for the most part, the other sports are all better represented on the 360.
Well, I couldn't take it anymore. I ordered my 360 today. Should arrive within 5-7 days. I originally planned on waiting to late in the year or early next. However, the impressions and visuals that were provided from E3 pretty muched sealed the deal. It was never a matter of if, only when. I think I just saw too many pictures and vids to continue playing sports games on my current gen x-box. Next step is to locate and buy a device for roster saves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »