Home

This game is seriously making me want to buy a 360...

This is a discussion on This game is seriously making me want to buy a 360... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2006, 12:59 AM   #41
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: This game is seriously making me want to buy a 360...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzawitz
Sony's announced online service has one conspicuous omission: online multiplayer games. Sony hasn't announced a free online service any more than Xbox Live Silver is a free online service. Rest assured, they don't have the cash to build an Xbox Live-like service from the ground for nothing...
You beat me to the point. Sony has annouced a Free online service, problem is they haven't said what free means. Plus rumor has it Xbox is ready to counter if it is a free service by offering Live for free but with Ads, but still aloowing you to pay for the non-Ad version.

Of course everything is just rumors, my hunch tells me you're not going to know exactly what your getting with a PS3 until November.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2006, 06:00 AM   #42
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
Yeah, I think I've pretty much worn out my welcome here when it comes to posting game impressions so I pretty much just lurk and post on occasion.
I always enjoyed reading your impressions. Your problem last year was you became obsessed with the ease of the deep ball and didn't allow yourself to enjoy the game anymore. I remember reading your impressions early on which were favourable and also reading your slider thread where you slowly got frustrated with the game. No question the game took major slider tweaks but it was very fun once you accepted certain flaws with the game. Hopefully all versions of NCAA are better on default with a toned down deep ball but either way, I will still have fun.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:28 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
You beat me to the point. Sony has annouced a Free online service, problem is they haven't said what free means. Plus rumor has it Xbox is ready to counter if it is a free service by offering Live for free but with Ads, but still aloowing you to pay for the non-Ad version.

Of course everything is just rumors, my hunch tells me you're not going to know exactly what your getting with a PS3 until November.
The fact is that Sony is offering their on-line service for free....obviously meaning that they won't charge you. What they are not saying however is that they are expecting the publishers to provide the service, build the servers, do the testing, etc.

I really don't understand how that business model is going to happen.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:45 PM   #44
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I'd certainly wait for gameplay impressions on here before I even considered getting a 360. Graphics do not make a game, but we all know that. My plan for over a year now has been to get a 360/PS3 (whichever it may end up being) in the Summer of '07. So far I'm holding strong on that.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 05-18-2006, 04:47 PM   #45
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by queens211
The fact is that Sony is offering their on-line service for free....obviously meaning that they won't charge you. What they are not saying however is that they are expecting the publishers to provide the service, build the servers, do the testing, etc.

I really don't understand how that business model is going to happen.
Haven't the publishers been providing the service for PC Games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2006, 07:00 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 7

I am also moving up to the 360 and will buy it about a week before the game releases. I have to get a HDTV too.

I'm going to miss my PS2 & Xbox. It seems like the older we get (I'm 32) the less time we have to play due to work, school, family responsibility and social functions.

I'm looking forward to this year's game in high definition.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:33 AM   #47
All Star

OVR: 17

I have the 360 now...man 600 is a sh!tload for a ps3, but I will put the intial $50 on it and then pay it in small chunks leading up to the release so it won't be that bad on my wallet all at once. But the exclusives for the ps3 are insane from what i've seen in the E3 vids. Anyone peep that 8 days game footage! Also Heavenly sword and naughty dog are going to be awesome games.

Then again I might get the sucker and sell it on EBAY imagine how much it will go for?? I read that a 360 got someone 10k!!!!

But NCAA 07 is going to be sick on the 360.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:17 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

As of yesterday, I am now officially a 360 owner....and I'm happy to be here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »