Home

Camera angles on xbox 360?

This is a discussion on Camera angles on xbox 360? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2006, 09:38 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Camera angles on xbox 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSail
Everybody thinks its so tough to use the sideline angle in football, but everyone seems to have no problem using it for a basketball game, just a thought.
Actually, hoops games have had a default "vertical" view similar to that in football games for quite a while now. Although 2K made the broadcast sideline view default the last 2 years, I still revert to the vertical "2K" view. I don't know about other people, though. EA hoop games have a vertical view as well by default. The only sport I can play with a side view is soccer.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:40 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysims
good point on basketball!

it does just seem odd to me to play a football game from behind the QB also, because that is not how the game is presented on TV. I, like you, wacth a ton of games on TV, and that's what i'm looking for, that POV.
Well basketball court is much, much, much smaller than an NFL field. plus in football you're dealing with 22 people spread out vs 10 people usually in the same general area. that's why side view works well for basketball and doesn't for football games.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-15-2006, 02:08 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Well basketball court is much, much, much smaller than an NFL field. plus in football you're dealing with 22 people spread out vs 10 people usually in the same general area. that's why side view works well for basketball and doesn't for football games.

I see your point, somewhat, but I don't think it's quite the massive task that you're making it out to be. I understand people have a "preference" for behind the qb, but to say "sideline" is useless or tough to use is a bit of a stretch. I understand younger guys not knowing about the sideline cam because EA is the company that really started the "behind the qb" revolution. But judging from your posts, you seem to be around my age or maybe older so I thought you would remember when most games were made with broadcast angles. (the best example obviously being the tecmo bowl series, LOL!!!)

Oh well to each his own, I just wish (since this is next gen) they would bring back user cam and every could be happy. Peace to all the sideline lovers!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2006, 02:11 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
I see your point, somewhat, but I don't think it's quite the massive task that you're making it out to be. I understand people have a "preference" for behind the qb, but to say "sideline" is useless or tough to use is a bit of a stretch. I understand younger guys not knowing about the sideline cam because EA is the company that really started the "behind the qb" revolution. But judging from your posts, you seem to be around my age or maybe older so I thought you would remember when most games were made with broadcast angles. (the best example obviously being the tecmo bowl series, LOL!!!)

Oh well to each his own, I just wish (since this is next gen) they would bring back user cam and every could be happy. Peace to all the sideline lovers!!!
yeah sideline is def. usable in some football games but only if you get the sideline camera right. they havent' done that for years IMO. sideline cameras for football games have been garbage since we switched to the behind-the-qb view a while back.

tecmo bowl and joe montana football both had good sideline angles. maybe with widescreen tvs and monitors becoming more prevalent they could work to give us a good sidescreen view, one that's, you know, actually usable..heh

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 05-15-2006, 02:38 PM   #13
Rookie

Maybe its just me, but what's wrong with the recent sideline angles? I thought you were against sideline angles in theory, but it seems you are against them because of the execution getting screwed. If that's the case, that's all the more reason EA should reinstitute the free moving user cam. People had beef with Madden 360 cameras and they were all behind the qb!
Just bring back user cam, so we can do it ourselves like the old saying goes.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:16 PM   #14
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Maybe they could do it with a progressive zoom out, just enough to see your deepest WR. And put a slight tilt in the view similar to what they have now when you scramble towards the sidelines.

My problem with it was that, not only could you not see far enough down field, but the WR towards the bottom of the screen was out of view on outside patterns.

Like most others that like that view, I want my sports video games to resemble what I see on tv. If they ever get it so that I can see all of my WRs, I'd use it and never go back.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:23 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Maybe its just me, but what's wrong with the recent sideline angles? I thought you were against sideline angles in theory, but it seems you are against them because of the execution getting screwed. If that's the case, that's all the more reason EA should reinstitute the free moving user cam. People had beef with Madden 360 cameras and they were all behind the qb!
Just bring back user cam, so we can do it ourselves like the old saying goes.
I 110% agree, the user cam is what we need!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2006, 08:05 PM   #16
Rookie

Tickkid's Arena

Yea, I hear you there. The ability from Madden to keep the running camera zoomed in and the passing camera zoomed out really helped my (mostly pathetic) passing game. The whole camera issue is a tough one - I can't say I know how much work it is to make it perfectly customised for each player, but this really should be the way that the next gen goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »