Home

New interview with the NCAA 07 producers

This is a discussion on New interview with the NCAA 07 producers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2006, 01:21 AM   #41
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: New interview with the NCAA 07 producers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I think I might have been satisfied if the next-gen NCAA was held over for another year to ensure the intergration of all of the current gen improvements. Not to mention the inclusion of all stadiums. People have already said it, it is hard to believe that we lose features in a game that is supposed to be the future of the series. It does look like the gameplay is shaping up to be a pretty good improvement though.
isnt it already over a year, madden is on version 2 if you want to count 06 as a game. I think we should have spring game and playbooks, how long does that take to put in? it is not like they have to add more. 1st string vs. 2nd? they already have wrote it out for current gen, that isnt something that should seem like it would have to be re worked and take a whole 2 and a half years to be put in. Plus playbooks? put the play in and then test to see if it works? right. I dont know anything about building a game but come on. how much space does a play take up? every single play that has ever been thought of should be in the game, i dont think that doing that would take as much time as figuing out where the shadows are at this time on this date, and a two mile radius, unless they are going to do a gameday show out side the stadium whats the point, i seem to focus on the field while i am running or passing the ball, not TD jesus, or those big trees that are perfectly placed outside. work on the field, how hard is it to make the sideline jump up and down when you are breaking a big one. and move around? That is "in the game" not some dorm that sits there. tell me if i am wrong.

by the way i am going to buy this game and love it for 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2006, 01:25 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
You proved my point.

More ADVANCED system...

Obviously it will be harder to do things on a more complicated system.

Also..They dont say at board meeting " since we dont have RTH lets do smart fans"

They do smart fans because they can and it doesnt take alot of time to do, Recreating awhole damn mode does.

And whatever happend to "gameplay is king", this game looks solid in terms of gameplay, and looks like its going down the right path.

People need to stop crying about the garbage game modes, gameplay people..give me realistic football.
Advanced does not necessarily equal complicated.

Xbox 360 is a more advanced (highly developed) system, but not necessarily more complicated. In fact, Microsoft was able to make advanced programming for the 360 LESS complicated which is why they have a higher number of software companies developing for the 360, man. The gameplay for 2006 was more than adequate. I do not believe for a second, that they didn't put features in due to time constraints or programming limitations. Mark my words, EA will add 2004-2006 current gen features and market them as new(with an asterick, to the 360) in '08. Its almost as if they are herding people to buy the current gen NCAA. I wouldn't be surprised that PS3 will have NCAA '07 with all of the features and graphics.

By the way, unfortunately, they do say this in the boardroom: "since we don't have this feature....strongly promote this substitute."
Old 05-24-2006, 01:56 AM   #43
Rookie

GatorBait's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
Advanced does not necessarily equal complicated.

Xbox 360 is a more advanced (highly developed) system, but not necessarily more complicated. In fact, Microsoft was able to make advanced programming for the 360 LESS complicated which is why they have a higher number of software companies developing for the 360, man. The gameplay for 2006 was more than adequate. I do not believe for a second, that they didn't put features in due to time constraints or programming limitations. Mark my words, EA will add 2004-2006 current gen features and market them as new(with an asterick, to the 360) in '08. Its almost as if they are herding people to buy the current gen NCAA. I wouldn't be surprised that PS3 will have NCAA '07 with all of the features and graphics.

By the way, unfortunately, they do say this in the boardroom: "since we don't have this feature....strongly promote this substitute."
Curious, why would you think PS3 would have all the features and graphics for 07? (Assuming that 07 is even released for the PS3 this year.)
Old 05-24-2006, 02:12 AM   #44
Rookie

GatorBait's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneebon5
isnt it already over a year, madden is on version 2 if you want to count 06 as a game. I think we should have spring game and playbooks, how long does that take to put in? it is not like they have to add more. 1st string vs. 2nd? they already have wrote it out for current gen, that isnt something that should seem like it would have to be re worked and take a whole 2 and a half years to be put in. Plus playbooks? put the play in and then test to see if it works? right. I dont know anything about building a game but come on. how much space does a play take up? every single play that has ever been thought of should be in the game, i dont think that doing that would take as much time as figuing out where the shadows are at this time on this date, and a two mile radius, unless they are going to do a gameday show out side the stadium whats the point, i seem to focus on the field while i am running or passing the ball, not TD jesus, or those big trees that are perfectly placed outside. work on the field, how hard is it to make the sideline jump up and down when you are breaking a big one. and move around? That is "in the game" not some dorm that sits there. tell me if i am wrong.

by the way i am going to buy this game and love it for 360.
It's a sad fact, but coming out with their first iteration of NCAA on next-gen they have to go real big with the graphics. The graphics are what are going to catch the eye of the majority of mainstream consumers - not extra-curricular features like a spring game added to the dynasty mode. Some of us would be perfectly content with a minor graphics upgrade for next gen right off the bat and full features, but the mainstream consumer wants to see all the glitz and glam of the new system. They will marvel at the fully recreated stadiums and all the scenery within the X mile radius around the stadium...they'll be amazed how the sun is at the correct latitude/longitude for each stadium.

Graphics were the #1 priority for Ncaa 07 on the Xbox 360. Anything less and the masses would be very displeased and would utter "Why should we buy this 360 version which costs $10 more when the graphics aren't even that much better than the Xbox version?" Current gen has the luxury of fine-tuning and adding the new features because their graphics do not need to be created from the ground-up.

Next-gen didn't even have enough time to program in all the stadiums, that just goes to show you the lack of man hours they had.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:45 AM   #45
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

I am suprised of just how many people CAN'T understand that this stuff takes time and EA is building these next gen games in steps rather than gaint leaps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2006, 03:09 AM   #46
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
I am suprised of just how many people CAN'T understand that this stuff takes time and EA is building these next gen games in steps rather than gaint leaps.
I think people have a legitimate gripe about the spring game. You can't honestly say it would take more time to program than the mini-games they are including. Plain and simple, EA fcatering to the casual gamer. The sim fans have to wait til '08 at the earliest.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:48 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 7
Icon13 Re: New interview with the NCAA 07 producers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
I think people have a legitimate gripe about the spring game. You can't honestly say it would take more time to program than the mini-games they are including. Plain and simple, EA fcatering to the casual gamer. The sim fans have to wait til '08 at the earliest.
I agree with this. Sure they cant add every feature because theyre busy building the stadium and graphics stuff, but dont defend EA for leaving out the better playbooks and mini-camp/spring games.

I think the real argument is not that they should add everything (its not possible, we get it), but that they should add core GAMEPLAY value first and foremost. Therefore, added playbooks are more valued than say...mini-games.

I have no experience or knowledge of game programming, but it *seems like adding plays isnt that big of a deal if youre already testing and adding them into PS2 and Xbox. Youre already doing the research on the new plays, and youre using the same playbooks from those platforms as it is, so how tough is it to add it into 360? The biggest playbook update since when? 2001? and they decide to put time into mini-games instead of adding the plays?
Old 05-24-2006, 07:46 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I'll say this about the playbooks. The Next Gen has some of the formations. But for the formations it does not have it might be a blessing in disguise, especially online. They said they focused on game play for next gen and want a balanced game that shines with the basics. That could be a blessing in disguise. Current gen, especially online could be a curse

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »