Home

New CFBWishlist Article! (More Feature focus)

This is a discussion on New CFBWishlist Article! (More Feature focus) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2006, 08:27 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: New CFBWishlist Article! (More Feature focus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emalloy3
What I'm talking about is if the Pro's don't feel it's realistic maybe EA should look at taking it out.
I guess my point was the pros are not necessarily the people to be able to judge videogames from what i have seen. Maybe some of the smaerter QBs would have legitimate input but I doubt very seriously some defensive end or guard who plays Madden on occasion really is all that smart to judge this feature.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-25-2006, 08:31 PM   #18
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree that the idea of tying in awareness is good but that's true for EVERY player you are controlling which includes RBs, LBs and DBs. Awareness isn't used there either.
If you're playing a single player game you have to control the QB on a passing play and you are looking to distribute the ball. If you are running the ball with your RB or making a run after the catch with your wideout you're just trying not to get tackled. You can't control everyone on defense or offense at the sametime but you can control the QB.

I agree about letting it be an option online and off.

I'm in agreement with greenegt. If those attributes are added correctly I think it would seperate the level of play. I would also like to see the rest of the attributes in NFL Head Coach added to NCAA.

Last edited by mdurd2817; 05-25-2006 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:58 PM   #19
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
But then it'd be putting the QB play more on a rating as opposed to the skill of the user playing. I can see where some people may have that viewpoint though.
Yeah, it's a tricky balancing act. Thankfully, EA has made the cone optional.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 05-25-2006, 09:14 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypeewon
I wish they would force people to use the vision cone. If people aren't good at using it then they can use a QB with high AWR. I think it's awesome that they came up with a way to make AWR an important rating.

The cone is good in theory but does not look right on the field. If they just made your QB turn his head and then let ratings like long accuracy, short accurcy and intermediate accuracy take over on the passes I think that would be much better. The light on the field is just ugly
Old 05-25-2006, 09:18 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The cone is good in theory but does not look right on the field. If they just made your QB turn his head and then let ratings like long accuracy, short accurcy and intermediate accuracy take over on the passes I think that would be much better. The light on the field is just ugly
I think that's the main reason people dislike it, because it puts something on the field that breaks their suspension of reality. They could do like you say or else keep it the same, just make it far more subtle, like a very transparent type effect. Personally I like the cone and believe it's a great idea but after i've had a few beers I can't pass worth a crap...but then after a few beers one should not be able to pass as well either heh.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2006, 09:26 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
i think it says that people like to take the easy way out..

that said, there's no way you force it on people--make it an option..OFFLINE you can play any brand of football you want, play on varsity level and beat the computer 56-0 every game if you like..

Online however, the too-potent passing game needs toning down, and the passing cone is the perfect way to do this until there's a better option...

See I think there is a better way to address the passing than the cone. I'd opt for a more realistic pass rush and a pocket that you "feel." Odogg and I were talking about this like 2 years ago. It was originally his concept, but it would be cool if the Defense formed a pocket around the QB. Your QB has a pocket presence rating that ties into his composure and accuracy ratings. If he has a low pocket presence rating it has an impact on his composure. If his composure takes a hit his accuracy takes a hit from where it is at default. Let's take a real world example.

My favorite: Kyle Boller.

Let's say Boller has a pocket presence rating of 71. Default composure rating of 70. Default short accuracy of 86, intermediate accuracy of 79 and long accuracy of 74.

The ball is snapped, Boller drops back with very little protection. This is where EA's new motion sensing technology can come in to. The defensive end coming from the right side beats his block easily as the right side of the Ravens Oline has been trash for awhile now. Boller senses it. His composure drops from 70 to like 62. He throws to his short receiver, but his accuracy on that pass instead of being 86 is more like 81 or so. But if he had tried to pass it deep then his accuracy would have been world's worse.

I'd rather the attributes for the players come into play more than a light on the field. Again I'm not opposed to it, it just does not look right. Have the QB turn his head. Get a system in which the attributes tie together. To me that is much better than putting a light on the field.

Last edited by LBzrule; 05-25-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #23
MVP

emalloy3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
See I think there is a better way to address the passing than the cone. I'd opt for a more realistic pass rush and a pocket that you "feel." Odogg and I were talking about this like 2 years ago. It was originally his concept, but it would be cool if the Defense formed a pocket around the QB. Your QB has a pocket presence rating that ties into his composure and accuracy ratings. If he has a low pocket presence rating it has an impact on his composure. If his composure takes a hit his accuracy takes a hit from where it is at default. Let's take a real world example.

My favorite: Kyle Boller.

Let's say Boller has a pocket presence rating of 71. Default composure rating of 70. Default short accuracy of 86, intermediate accuracy of 79 and long accuracy of 74.

The ball is snapped, Boller drops back with very little protection. This is where EA's new motion sensing technology can come in to. The defensive end coming from the right side beats his block easily as the right side of the Ravens Oline has been trash for awhile now. Boller senses it. His composure drops from 70 to like 62. He throws to his short receiver, but his accuracy on that pass instead of being 86 is more like 81 or so. But if he had tried to pass it deep then his accuracy would have been world's worse.

I'd rather the attributes for the players come into play more than a light on the field. Again I'm not opposed to it, it just does not look right. Have the QB turn his head. Get a system in which the attributes tie together. To me that is much better than putting a light on the field.
Now that is a good idea. Maybe you should copy this post and send it to EA and see what happens.
NBA:Los Angeles Lakers
NCAABB:Georgetown Hoyas
MLB:Washington Nationals

Old 05-25-2006, 09:34 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by emalloy3
Now that is a good idea. Maybe you should copy this post and send it to EA and see what happens.

Hehe, I'm pretty sure they've heard it already

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »