Home

What teams are you curious to see how EA treated them

This is a discussion on What teams are you curious to see how EA treated them within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2006, 10:18 AM   #25
Rookie

foreverhorn's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What teams are you curious to see how EA treated them

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
There was only one blurry one here (huge picture)

http://psxsports.com/forums/index.ph...pic=4061&st=60

He's fast as hell, but doesn't touch Carter. Probably a 96-97 speed

Charles won the Big XII championship with a 200 meter time of 20.62. Very impressive.

Carter ran the 200 meter time of 20.30, .3 seconds faster. He was the United States Track Coaches Association Indoor Athlete of the Year.
Carter is a track guy that plays football, Charles is a football player that happens to run track. With pads on, I'll take Charles everyday and twice on Sunday's...maybe you can bump Carter up the mythical 100 speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2006, 10:22 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverhorn
Carter is a track guy that plays football, Charles is a football player that happens to run track. With pads on, I'll take Charles everyday and twice on Sunday's...maybe you can bump Carter up the mythical 100 speed.
Of course you would, he's a Longhorn. I wonder if your answer would remain the same if Carter was a Longhorn and Charles was a Seminole. Heh.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-26-2006, 10:26 AM   #27
Rookie

foreverhorn's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Of course you would, he's a Longhorn. I wonder if your answer would remain the same if Carter was a Longhorn and Charles was a Seminole. Heh.

What can I say...I love my Horns...
Old 05-26-2006, 10:42 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I'm curious how they rate 2 players, Kenny Irons and McFadden. The top 2 rushers in the SEC, the first team All SEC, but according to the SS released of the RB ratings, they're both below 92 OVR and below Ken Darby, who they both outrushed and outplayed. Also, why is Hart a 97 and Walker a 93? I'll definately change it for my dynasty, but for multiplayer it's annoying.
This intrigues me as well. I was floored when Darby was in the top 7 in the country when most "experts" have him pegged as, at best, 3rd in the SEC. Without getting into the offenseive line arguments between Auburn and Alabama, I will say that I believe McFadden and Irons are 1a and 1b in the league and the ratings should reflect as much.

The Darby apologists continue to harp on the fact that he ran behind a much worse O Line than Irons did. However, that shouldnt change much this year either so that argument isn't valid. What the UA fans neglect to mention though is that Irons was averaging about 9 carries a game for 64 yards (through 5 games) before his breakout game against Arkansas, a game in which he wasn't even the starter. After Lester went down, Irons averaged over 140 yards/game over the final 7 games, while going for 220 against LSU and 180 against Georgia. Irons didn't even start his first game until October 22 in Baton Rouge. A breakdown of SEC games only would reveal that Darby had something like 840 yards against SEC teams while Irons had 940. Irons also scored about 14 touchdowns while Darby reeled off 3.

McFadden is a bit of a wild card as Arkansas seems to regularly produce Freshman Phenom Tailbacks that disappear during their sophomore and junior years. I think McFadden has, by far, the best chance to reverse this trend as he is the best freshman back in the SEC I have seen since Jamal Lewis, who I believe wasn't nearly as talented as McFadden.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:09 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverhorn
What can I say...I love my Horns...
i can't say much considering i used to think chad owens the hawai'i receiver was the mightiest of mighty mouses, lol

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-26-2006, 11:12 AM   #30
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
The only 99 speed players should/will be Ginn and Carter.

I'm curious how they rate 2 players, Kenny Irons and McFadden. The top 2 rushers in the SEC, the first team All SEC, but according to the SS released of the RB ratings, they're both below 92 OVR and below Ken Darby, who they both outrushed and outplayed. Also, why is Hart a 97 and Walker a 93? I'll definately change it for my dynasty, but for multiplayer it's annoying.
Uh if they base it off a players real speed he should be a 99...I was at the Texas Relays and dude smoked some of the fastest track guys in the nation. Dude ran a 10.18 in the 100 meters & killed his leg in the 4X100 relay...he's a 99
Old 05-26-2006, 11:13 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 14

I'll be interested to see if the Gators have any running backs on their roster, and any running plays in their playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2006, 11:37 AM   #32
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm sure I am the only one, but I am curious to see how they treat KY's Rafael Little. Little average over 180 all purpose yards per game. Averaged 95 yards a game on the ground in the SEC and was also the team's leading reciever. He's a pretty good player, but since he plays on KY, I am afraid he won't be rated too high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »