Home

xbox version vs. xbox 360 version

This is a discussion on xbox version vs. xbox 360 version within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2006, 09:33 PM   #33
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: xbox version vs. xbox 360 version

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMoss84
mr. rag-on-360, there are also features on 360 that arn't in the xbox version like dynamic crowds and sidelines, better stat tracking, and you can comfirmed edit players and import draft classes. There isn't a ton left out and they have added stuff so don't treat this as like the difference between XBOX Madden 06 vs 360 Madden 06.
Mr. rag-on-360? This isn't about the 360, this is about NCAA 2007 and the differences between the two versions. Personally, I want the most complete version I can have of both NCAA and Madden. Sorry, if it's not what you want to hear, but graphics aside, the Xbox versions of both games are far more complete and feature rich than the 360 versions. It has already been stated numerous times that Madden 360 is going to have the radio announcer while the Xbox version will have full commentary with Al Michaels and Madden. It may well be the same old tired stuff they've been using for 4 years, but hey, it's something. That alone is the primary reason I will buy the Xbox versions of both games. As much as I would love the graphics of the 360 version, I play both games and importing my draft classes is a must. Unless they can find a way to import 360 draft classes into Xbox Madden, then I've got to go with the Xbox versions.

If all you really care about is gameplay, then it appears that the 360 versions of both games will serve you well. For me, I like the fluff and I can do without the great graphics to have the fluff. It is absolutely totally unacceptable for them to not have real announcers in Madden for the second straight year.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:26 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Mr. rag-on-360? This isn't about the 360, this is about NCAA 2007 and the differences between the two versions. Personally, I want the most complete version I can have of both NCAA and Madden. Sorry, if it's not what you want to hear, but graphics aside, the Xbox versions of both games are far more complete and feature rich than the 360 versions
Word. Before E3 I had money tucked away and was ready to go get a 360 the minute the game came out. Complete stadiums, every little detail down to Oakley visors, team specific play books...

Then E3 came and it turned out there wasn't a spring game. I was still ready to get it, but then there were no magazines. Still alright, at least we got playbooks, right? Nope.

For me though, the worst part is NCAA 08. Why? Because we all know what the "brand new" features will be. ESPN the Magazine, Spring games, and expanded playbooks.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:33 PM   #35
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Personally, I'll take a deep dynasty mode with 2006 gameplay, over a perfect gameplay game with nothing to do put play exhibition games.
And I'll take the perfect gameplay every time.

I don't care if "dynasty" mode is basically like "season" mode--the thing I look forward to the most is the next game on the schedule, not the cover of ESPN the magazine. If the gameplay is significantly improved, I'll be able to live without some fluff. Now if the gameplay isn't improved, I'd stick with current gen. Different strokes I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:

I don't care if "dynasty" mode is basically like "season" mode--the thing I look forward to the most is the next game on the schedule, not the cover of ESPN the magazine. If the gameplay is significantly improved, I'll be able to live without some fluff. Now if the gameplay isn't improved, I'd stick with current gen. Different strokes I guess.
Guess so. I have only played exhibition mode about two, maybe 3 times a year, and that's just to adjust to each game. I need dynasty, and I need improvements, and 2007 on the 360 gives me niether.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:07 AM   #37
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander

Here's a hypothetical question...what if gameplay was pretty much identical on both versions, yet the current gen versions had quite a bit more features, are you still going to go with the 360 version?

To me, it's not just about the magazine covers or the spring game, it's about the total package of a football game that we've been used to getting. I think the gameplay from either version is going to be great, but I would be more concerned about them getting the 360 version right based on how they destroyed last year's Madden on the 360.

I will probably give both versions a try, but in the end I'm pretty sure I will wind up playing the Xbox version if for no other reason than to import my draft classes into Madden because I refuse to buy Madden 360 with the awful radio announcer.

Maybe EA will realize that presentation does matter and get some decent announcers into the game next year. It's pathetic that they hardly make any use at all of the ESPN license considering they've had it for quite some time now.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:16 AM   #38
Rookie

shanemaddox's Arena

OVR: 6

How disappointed would everyone be that EA didn't make the game for the Xbox 360? I would be very upset. So I will probably be the first to thank them for making the game. I understand that I won't be able to play the 2 5:00 quarters against my own team though. Which I wouldn't have anyway.

From what I heard at E3, it seemed several people were very impressed with gameplay and graphics on the 360 for NCAA. Now that it is a week or so passed, I'm hearing horrible things again.

Xbox version - Pros and Cons
Xbox 360 version - Pros and Cons (different ones)

If I made something that had the same exact pros and cons and everything played exactly the same, EVERYONE would want the 360 version because of the better graphics and stadiums.

Then they wouldn't sell any Xbox versions. Then EA would have thought, let's not make an Xbox version of this game, which I would have been happy with since I don't have mine anymore.

Then other people would have been mad.

Either way, people are going to be happy and people are going to complain (but while playing their game).
Old 05-28-2006, 09:46 AM   #39
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemaddox
From what I heard at E3, it seemed several people were very impressed with gameplay and graphics on the 360 for NCAA. Now that it is a week or so passed, I'm hearing horrible things again.
This is what I'm curious about. I'm wondering are people impressed with what they're seeing because they're comparing it to Madden 360, or are they impressed because they're making a direct comparison to NCAA current gen. It remains to be seen, but I'm thinking it's the latter; that Madden 360 was such a disappointment that anything improved looks much better in comparison. And IGN gave that game an 8.0. Granted there's another month and a half before the game releases, but I think people can't casually dismiss the fact there haven't been any direct feed gameplay vids to date.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #40
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Then they wouldn't sell any Xbox versions. Then EA would have thought, let's not make an Xbox version of this game, which I would have been happy with since I don't have mine anymore.
You seem to be forgetting that there are millions and millions of people that still have their Xbox and won't be getting a 360 any time soon. Oh I don't know, I think a couple of those folks might want to buy a copy of NCAA(Hi, I'm one of them)

Despite not having a 360, I still want that version to be as feature rich as the old gen version. Even if I don't get a chance to enjoy it, I still want others to have the prettiest, deepest, and most complete game they can have. It doesn't matter if its light years better than the one I'm playing, thats just how it goes.

Its really selfish to say that you would be happy if they didn't make an Xbox version, since you've moved on to bigger and better things. Screw the the rest of us then, huh?

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »