Home

xbox version vs. xbox 360 version

This is a discussion on xbox version vs. xbox 360 version within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2006, 07:24 PM   #65
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: xbox version vs. xbox 360 version

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
That's not very nice.
You might want to change your tune, Broseph. Most people don't like being called names and you're a few days late on the post. This has already been taken care of.
Thanks for stepping up, friend. My Gamestop manager DID play the 360 versions of both NCAA and Madden at E3. He talked to EA reps about the Xbox versions of both games as well. I thought he said he had played them, but he actually was just telling me which features were left out of both versions on the 360.

People can be petty and call me names if they want, but the bottom line is that the 360 versions of both games are going to be inferior feature wise to the Xbox versions, that is a given.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2006, 07:47 PM   #66
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Thanks for stepping up, friend. My Gamestop manager DID play the 360 versions of both NCAA and Madden at E3. He talked to EA reps about the Xbox versions of both games as well. I thought he said he had played them, but he actually was just telling me which features were left out of both versions on the 360.

People can be petty and call me names if they want, but the bottom line is that the 360 versions of both games are going to be inferior feature wise to the Xbox versions, that is a given.
Whether its inferior depends on the person. I would rather have the new stadiums, graphics and animations from the 360 version than RFTH, a spring game and some new formations for teams I rarely use.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:21 PM   #67
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Whether its inferior depends on the person. I would rather have the new stadiums, graphics and animations from the 360 version than RFTH, a spring game and some new formations for teams I rarely use.
Ditto that. I don't use those teams with the left out formations so I don't see how I am missing anything.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:32 PM   #68
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
The only reason I'm getting the XBOX version is because of the new player cam in career mode. Reminds me of FPSFB days when you could set the CAMS camera any way you want. I always had the camera behind me when I was on D. The camera would then follow you no matter where you went.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:58 PM   #69
MVP

Badgun's Arena

Quote:
You're right, it is a matter of personal preference, but for anyone that imports their draft classes, the bigger decision is can you handle Madden with the awful radio announcer? For me the answer is no. I have to have some sense of presentation in a sports game and if the Xbox version of Madden has announcers, then I am willing to give up the nicer graphics of the 360 just so I can play the two games in conjunction with each other.

If importing draft classes wasn't an issue, I'd probably buy the 360 version of NCAA and the Xbox version of Madden. Unfortunately, that won't work so I have to buy the Xbox versions of both games. Again, a matter of personal preference.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:21 PM   #70
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
Ditto that. I don't use those teams with the left out formations so I don't see how I am missing anything.
OK. I think you missed the boat here. You narrowed down the scope of the argument. This isn't about who runs with the Cocks and the Nevada whatevers. Its about the features of one game versus another.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:16 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
I'm with you dude. All I really want is solid/realistic gameplay and next-gen graphics. The spring game on current gen is only two 5 minutes halves. Hardly a must have. The espn/si mag covers are generic and repetitive. Seen ten, you've seen em' all. Sure, I'd like team specific expanded playbooks. However, its not going to affect the overall fun factor of the game for me. My first, second, and third priority is GAMEPLAY. If they get that right, I don't care what minor features may not be included. Gameplay will keep me playing this game for months. Not playbooks, magazine covers, or the spring game.
Im with these guys, give me a rock solid playing NCAA football game with next gen graphics..and im a happy camper.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2006, 03:39 PM   #72
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

I keep going back and forth on this one. I'll wait and see the reviews of both before making my choice. On the one hand, I love all the features on the Xbox (spring stuff, home field advantage... not career mode or race for the heisman but the other stuff is good). On the other hand, if the 360 is very solid/equal to the gameplay on the regular consoles, then I am leaning to the 360. I'll just have to sit back and wait this one out for a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »