Home

Football games ever other year!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Football games ever other year!!!!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2006, 05:44 PM   #9
Rookie

Fluffhead's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Football games ever other year!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Horrible idea simply for the fact that if something is wrong and/or missing in the game we're two years from getting it fixed. Good in theory but it'd be terrible if done in reality.
You assume things get fixed every year. Some do, some don't, and then there's times good things are excluded and other times where things are way overdone.

I like the every other year idea, with roster / game tweak patches at $20 in between. Never happen though, but you can always make it happen as a consumer on your own, which is what I often think about doing after I purchase the game every year and am rarely convinced it was $50 well spent.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:18 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffhead
You assume things get fixed every year. Some do, some don't, and then there's times good things are excluded and other times where things are way overdone.
I'm not saying things get fixed every year, i'm saying if there's a glitch that needs fixed then it can possibly get fixed the following year. Having a game every 2 years assures that if there's a glitch it's not fixable for 2 years and that would be very, very, very terrible.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 62

Good idea for the the PCs, bad idea for Consoles. Didn't Tony LaRussa Baseball for the PC do this back in the early-mid 90's? I know I bought multiple roster versions for the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2006, 08:11 PM   #12
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Buy every other copy, because you know what EA does correct?

They work on a game and release it, right after they release on it they are already working on the next version.

Theres no point in EA skipping every year, because there wont be more in a game..considering they work on it right after they release the previous product.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:47 PM   #13
Rookie

Fluffhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Buy every other copy, because you know what EA does correct?

They work on a game and release it, right after they release on it they are already working on the next version.

Theres no point in EA skipping every year, because there wont be more in a game..considering they work on it right after they release the previous product.
But there will be more in a game, 2 years worth of work versus 1. Changes are always evident with 1 year of work, but imagine the difference in 2 years of changing / tweaking / improving. I've seen plenty of EA interviews where the producers and programmers say no time for such and such feature, maybe next year.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:53 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffhead
But there will be more in a game, 2 years worth of work versus 1. Changes are always evident with 1 year of work, but imagine the difference in 2 years of changing / tweaking / improving. I've seen plenty of EA interviews where the producers and programmers say no time for such and such feature, maybe next year.
But that would be the case even with 2 years of time. Yeah there would be more changes in 2 years they could do but some people (most in fact) would rather play with less changes each year but getting a new game.

For those that want this I don't see why you personally don't just skip the game every other year, then you would see more changes and get what you want and the people who want it yearly can still get it yearly.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #15
Rookie

Fluffhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
But that would be the case even with 2 years of time. Yeah there would be more changes in 2 years they could do but some people (most in fact) would rather play with less changes each year but getting a new game.

For those that want this I don't see why you personally don't just skip the game every other year, then you would see more changes and get what you want and the people who want it yearly can still get it yearly.
Because it's an addiction much like crack. I want to stop, but college football owns my soul. I'll just vent on message boards instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2006, 09:44 PM   #16
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpinheelland
Well I am only buying every other year now as far as NCAA goes.
Me too. Actually, I'm still playing 2004. I will probably upgrade this year...unless I can complete the long bomb into triple coverage on a consistent basis.

I don't understand the folks that purchase the game, then complain and say "Hey, this isn't that much different than last years game", and then preorder the next year's version. Wash, rince, repeat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »