Home

We Need to face the facts

This is a discussion on We Need to face the facts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2006, 08:32 PM   #33
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: We Need to face the facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I want more features put in I guess it's just that people around here only ever usually see the cup half empty that gets my goat.
I'm all for looking at the bright side, but there has to be some balance. If we all only talked good things in the game, how is EA supposed to know what we want fixed/added?
Old 06-08-2006, 08:33 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
Not to start any thing, I've alway thought so. I mean i've been on this site for years and I have never seen anyone defend ea on every front. Odogg, you have to admit at some point that ea has done things in the past that have lead people to raise peoples frustration levels.
If i'm on EA's payroll they must have my address wrong because I've not been receiving the checks. Heh, seriously I criticize EA quite frequently on these forums, it's just that people like you who consider me an EA defender must not realize it because there's simply so many people here condemning and criticizing EA that you don't notice.

Don't believe me? Well here are some places to look, for starters if you're a Michigan fan you should know I agreed with others who said Michigan's helmet looks stupid in the 360 version. Secondly, have you read any of the Madden 360 threads at all? I called that game garbage just a few days ago and said I didn't even know if it was worth $30 (someone was wanting to buy it off Ebay and was asking for recommendations). Third, here in the NCAA forum in the thread "Will EA fix the deep passing and dropped balls?" thread I posted that deep passing was too easy while also saying the dropped passes was fixed in 06 on the PS2, but I guess the only thing anyone remembers about what I said there was I defended EA on the dropped passes issue. Fourth I've constantly harped in here in various places about EA's lack of online modes such as allowing us to choose our own weather, alternate uniforms online while also calling on them to fix the crappy matchup "Play now" system they have (for instance if I run hurry up less than 1% of the time why am I playing someone who runs hurry up 96% of the time?). I could go on but you get the point.

Do I defend EA? Yes I do when I believe they're unfairly attacked. The truth though is although my voice on here may not have alot of support that is because most people who don't have an issue with something don't post, the people who are angry about something they feel is wrong are the ones who post. As they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. For a good example of this, i'm sure you've joined this forum on release day of NCAA or Madden. From reading all of the threads as to bugs, glitches, things people are outraged about, etc you'd think the game simply had no redeeming value, but the truth is the people who are enjoying the game are not online playing it. This holds true throughout the year, for the most part people who find faults with NCAA/Madden post in the forums and people who don't think whatever it is they're complaining about just don't chime in, but I do simply because I want to put forth my viewpoint and also the others viewpoints who feel the same way but don't take the time to post.

I've been an EA fan since the early PC days when Madden made it's debut so yeah I'm not going to deny that but I do realize EA isn't perfect or even close to it. I also admit that like many of you I've been really disappointed with their next-gen stuff just as much as anyone, in fact i've got mostly 2K sports games in next-gen with the exception of FIFA soccer and the abomination known as Madden 360. However, on the flip side EA isn't near as bad as some of the posters in this forum would seem to try to argue. Some of the arguements people on here make to slander EA are just asinine and those people need a reality check. It's just my viewpoint that I try to espouse in that regards.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-08-2006, 08:35 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm all for looking at the bright side, but there has to be some balance. If we all only talked good things in the game, how is EA supposed to know what we want fixed/added?
See my post above, I agree, it's true we need balance and perspective, that's what I believe many more people in this forum need to try to grasp. Right now this forum and Madden's forum is probably 75% negative and 25% positive...if that.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2006, 10:27 PM   #36
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
See my post above, I agree, it's true we need balance and perspective, that's what I believe many more people in this forum need to try to grasp. Right now this forum and Madden's forum is probably 75% negative and 25% positive...if that.
Real Talk

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-08-2006, 11:03 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
If i'm on EA's payroll they must have my address wrong because I've not been receiving the checks. Heh, seriously I criticize EA quite frequently on these forums, it's just that people like you who consider me an EA defender must not realize it because there's simply so many people here condemning and criticizing EA that you don't notice.

Don't believe me? Well here are some places to look, for starters if you're a Michigan fan you should know I agreed with others who said Michigan's helmet looks stupid in the 360 version. Secondly, have you read any of the Madden 360 threads at all? I called that game garbage just a few days ago and said I didn't even know if it was worth $30 (someone was wanting to buy it off Ebay and was asking for recommendations). Third, here in the NCAA forum in the thread "Will EA fix the deep passing and dropped balls?" thread I posted that deep passing was too easy while also saying the dropped passes was fixed in 06 on the PS2, but I guess the only thing anyone remembers about what I said there was I defended EA on the dropped passes issue. Fourth I've constantly harped in here in various places about EA's lack of online modes such as allowing us to choose our own weather, alternate uniforms online while also calling on them to fix the crappy matchup "Play now" system they have (for instance if I run hurry up less than 1% of the time why am I playing someone who runs hurry up 96% of the time?). I could go on but you get the point.

Do I defend EA? Yes I do when I believe they're unfairly attacked. The truth though is although my voice on here may not have alot of support that is because most people who don't have an issue with something don't post, the people who are angry about something they feel is wrong are the ones who post. As they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. For a good example of this, i'm sure you've joined this forum on release day of NCAA or Madden. From reading all of the threads as to bugs, glitches, things people are outraged about, etc you'd think the game simply had no redeeming value, but the truth is the people who are enjoying the game are not online playing it. This holds true throughout the year, for the most part people who find faults with NCAA/Madden post in the forums and people who don't think whatever it is they're complaining about just don't chime in, but I do simply because I want to put forth my viewpoint and also the others viewpoints who feel the same way but don't take the time to post.

I've been an EA fan since the early PC days when Madden made it's debut so yeah I'm not going to deny that but I do realize EA isn't perfect or even close to it. I also admit that like many of you I've been really disappointed with their next-gen stuff just as much as anyone, in fact i've got mostly 2K sports games in next-gen with the exception of FIFA soccer and the abomination known as Madden 360. However, on the flip side EA isn't near as bad as some of the posters in this forum would seem to try to argue. Some of the arguements people on here make to slander EA are just asinine and those people need a reality check. It's just my viewpoint that I try to espouse in that regards.

So why when we say it , it's doom and gloom. But when you say it. You're being objective? I feel you on your viewpoint about EA. But don't group me with the EA bashers that annoy you.
I'm very objective when it comes to games. It's my job , I have to be. But if a game is not good in my opinion, then I will express that. I actually think that when we get the "first impressions" thread from people, it's mostly positive. But the more you play the game, the more glitches you find, the more problems you find, etc. etc.. but that 's not my gripe on Madden 06. The ultimate judge of a great year for an EA game is this. When do you stop playng it?
This is what I mean. You're on full blast when it's the football season. You'll play 10 yard fght during the season if that was the only f-ball game that you had. But will you put it up as soon as the football season is over with, or can you still play it til the new one come out? NCAA 05 was really bad IMO. Even with the anticipation of 06 last year, I couldn't play 05. But NCAA 06 was amazing IMO. So the wait for 07 isn't as bad cause I can fire up the 06 with no problem.
Madden 06 for the 360 is not good, not as unplayable as NCAA 05, but damn close. I don't expect a game to be perfect, NCAA 06 was not. But I should at least expect a fun game. Honestly, what would you rate Madden 06(360) out of a 10? IMO, a 5. a very generous 5. The graphic wasn't even THAT good after the other games started coming out for 360 IMO.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:35 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzzz414
So why when we say it , it's doom and gloom. But when you say it. You're being objective? I feel you on your viewpoint about EA. But don't group me with the EA bashers that annoy you.
I'm very objective when it comes to games. It's my job , I have to be. But if a game is not good in my opinion, then I will express that. I actually think that when we get the "first impressions" thread from people, it's mostly positive. But the more you play the game, the more glitches you find, the more problems you find, etc. etc.. but that 's not my gripe on Madden 06. The ultimate judge of a great year for an EA game is this. When do you stop playng it?
This is what I mean. You're on full blast when it's the football season. You'll play 10 yard fght during the season if that was the only f-ball game that you had. But will you put it up as soon as the football season is over with, or can you still play it til the new one come out? NCAA 05 was really bad IMO. Even with the anticipation of 06 last year, I couldn't play 05. But NCAA 06 was amazing IMO. So the wait for 07 isn't as bad cause I can fire up the 06 with no problem.
Madden 06 for the 360 is not good, not as unplayable as NCAA 05, but damn close. I don't expect a game to be perfect, NCAA 06 was not. But I should at least expect a fun game. Honestly, what would you rate Madden 06(360) out of a 10? IMO, a 5. a very generous 5. The graphic wasn't even THAT good after the other games started coming out for 360 IMO.

Doom and Gloom only applies to some posts in my opinion, there are a lot of legitimate gripes out there but there are also doom n' gloomers where it's just someone bringing up something that is pretty iffy and it seems like it's just a very thinly veiled reason to take shots at EA and/or bemoan the death of NFL2K series.

As for Madden 360 I find it difficult to rate it considering it's not a finished game.. but I guess if I had to i'd probably agree with your rating of a 5 or so as it's appropriate since it seems about half finished. There's just a few things in that game I can't tolerate at all no matter how much I try to play it. First is the crappy camera angle that is too zoomed in and no way to change it. Second is when you zoom out you can't zoom back in. Third is the "floaty" feel of the ball oftentimes when you try to rocket a pass in. And last is the wonderful bug where if your QB is sacked while throwing it's erroneously ruled a fumble and it's nearly an automatic defensive TD.

I think the game looks good although some players need to be more skinny than they are (like NCAA looks) but I couldn't get over alot of the above issues to play it a whole lot. I'd say I probably have 20 hours in that game and to me that's pretty amazing I managed that. It's the biggest EA disappointment gaming wise I've ever experienced I think.

Oh and one final gripe - WHERE'S THE HAIR EA? GIVE US THE LONG HAIR AGAIN DAMNIT!!

Old 06-09-2006, 02:12 AM   #39
Rookie

mcbh33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzzz414
For right now, EA is gonna put most of their marbles into the current generation. That is where they are making most of their money at. More people has XB and PS2 than 360. For right now most people with a 360 will buy it for 360 just because there is nothing to compete with it. I don't mean sports games for 360, I mean games in general. You're gonna get half-arsed efforts on next gen until it becomes their main profit. Look at Madden 06.
Anybody who works in the game rating business (Maddennation, IGN, Gamespot, etc.) ,who said in their preview that madden 06 for the 360 was going to be the game to get when they went on "exclusive trip" at the tiburon studios last year, needs their license revoked. The game was not very good. I know that some people did like it, but face it, you are in the minority. For the life of me I just don't understand how you can have a feature in the previous gen system, but can't have it in the next gen.
For example, spawning games was in the PS1. But it took them til madden 06 put it PS2. We've been constantly getting excuses and "no comment" for why we can't get halftime and post-game highlights. I mean, we couldn't challenge calls on the "next gen". I mean was it really that important to have the game out by launch? They could of release it super bowl week and have time to fix it up.
I 'm one of those conspiracy theorist who thinks that big money company controls all. It wouldn't shock me to find out
-They pay off web-sites & magazines to put in a good preview of the game (previews sale the game more than reviews IMO)
-They take out features, and out them back in so they can say 'New Features" again.
-They leave features out of the next gen to give you a reason to buy both.
- They got paid a boat load of money from microsoft to put the game out at launch even though they knew it would suck. Besides waiting a couple of months.
But that 's just me.
go away and don't buy the game then.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:06 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbh33
go away and don't buy the game then.
I like him already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »