Home

Possible solution to the QB Scrambling Cheeser

This is a discussion on Possible solution to the QB Scrambling Cheeser within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2006, 10:26 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Possible solution to the QB Scrambling Cheeser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah I agree, this is a bigger problem than scrambling QB's. For people who run hurryup, by late 3rd quarter or so I'd like to see so much fatigue there are fumbles left and right and WR's running wrong patterns, RB's not running the right direction on handoffs and as you said, just general confusion. By the 4th quarter I'd like to see the starters going to the bench left and right.

And most importantly, people who run this should have the % clearly plastered beside their name.. such as "JohnDoe(78%HU) for 78% hurry-up, don't even bury it in their stats. Now the exceptions are maybe teams that in real life run hurry up get some leeway on this stuff but overall this by far is the biggest cheese issue online in my opinion as well, way higher priority than scrambling QB's.
I would have to agree that the hurry up offense cheesers are a bigger problem. Your solution would definitely address it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2006, 10:52 AM   #26
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
Valid points made by all (although “lousy idea” is a tad harsh).
Maybe so lol. That was probably a bad choice of words. I just think that we should try to correct the flaws in the game in a realistic manner rather than a fake and controlled one.

All this talk about cheesing and I don't think people would complain as much if somebody did a lot of goofy stuff AND they stuck it out and played the whole game if their gambles backfire. I personally try to play as realistic as possible but I never play online. Just don't have the time for it. I played 3 games online in 2K4 and had a good time but I only have enough time for my dynasties/franchises.

If you really think about it, football games are the only games where you can cheese or where the level of unrealistic play can really get bad. The real problem with glitches/cheese are that they can make straight players feel guilty about calling certain plays, etc that have an unrealistic positive outcome.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The real problem with glitches/cheese are that they can make straight players feel guilty about calling certain plays, etc that have an unrealistic positive outcome.
Tell me about it, anytime I throw deep I feel like I've just stabbed someone or something and feel like I should find a priest to confess..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-13-2006, 11:30 AM   #28
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
This way you wouldn't have to avoid them. It was unfair that you couldn't test your squad against one of the best teams in the game because of the cheese factor. My solution has a gamer like you in mind. Your online experience shouldn't have to get ruined by cheesers. Goodness knows cheesers have ruined a lot of our experiences.
Cheesers are ALWAYS going to find a way to get around what the game intends you to do. Throwing the bomb, running with the qb, tackling your punter, it's always going to be something.

I like your idea, but it will never happen because EA would see it as an intrustion into the gamer's enjoyment of the game. I'm sure if you go back and check the stats, you will find that ONE game where Vince Young ran 20+ times. Since it happened one game, it could happen again so EA would never mess with tendencies.

One thing I liked that they did a few years ago was if you ran the same play too much, you would eventually fumble. This was back when the Cowboys still had Emmitt and I would run the same play a lot with him and if you were trying to squeeze it one more time...BOOM, you would fumble. I would love to see them do that again. Once you run the same play 3-4 times, you become a lot more likely to fumble or throw a pick.

One thing I was disappointed in last year was that EA didn't use the same fair play options for NCAA that they did for Madden. It got real old watching guys complete the bomb on 4th and 26 from their own 10. I realize that in college, they take a few more chances than they do in the NFL, but let's at least be somewhat realistic. Hopefully, this year they will take away the option to go for it on 4th and long on your side of the 50.

You can bet there will be something for the cheesers to exploit this year be it a coverage glitch or jetpacking. My money will be on the new "Jump the snap" feature which seems tailor made for the nano blitzers.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:21 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 7

[quote=rudyjuly2]I personally try to play as realistic as possible but I never play online. Just don't have the time for it. QUOTE]

Aww man!! You don't play online! Then you know nothing about the pain I'm talking about! LOL!!

Nah, but really I'm strictly a human vs human player so I live for the online battles. That's why I get so frustrated with the cheese aspect. As its been stated many times though, there is always going to be cheese, and one man's cheese may be another man's gameplay.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:34 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
You can bet there will be something for the cheesers to exploit this year be it a coverage glitch or jetpacking. My money will be on the new "Jump the snap" feature which seems tailor made for the nano blitzers.
Same here, but by the same token people that abuse that should be able to be pulled offsides if the offensive new weapon, the fake snap is used, so I think (hope) EA already took this into consideration. Until we get used to doing some fake snaps though I'll bet this will be a problem people complain about.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-13-2006, 05:14 PM   #31
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabmasterb
sorry guys, there are some mobile qb's in college that simply MUST be gameplanned for.
Unfortunately, what some teams would do to stop a scrambling QB are not available in the game. This is why I agree in a sense that abusing scrambling QBs is cheese. All of the skills of these scrambling QBs are in the game, but not all of the options to stop them are. Even some of the defensive calls that are in the game don't work like they should.

But more realistic fatigue, accuracy & footing would help as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2006, 09:07 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Unfortunately, what some teams would do to stop a scrambling QB are not available in the game. This is why I agree in a sense that abusing scrambling QBs is cheese. All of the skills of these scrambling QBs are in the game, but not all of the options to stop them are. Even some of the defensive calls that are in the game don't work like they should.

But more realistic fatigue, accuracy & footing would help as well.

actually you can spy the run with almost any player on the field, mixing it up and playing possom is the key. if you're trying to shut down a fast qb with blitzes you're gonna have trouble. if you use your wide side olb/de/safety to spy its gonna cause trouble for a scrambler that can't react to the containment.

now, if you're playing the likes of vince young, your defense better pack a lunch because its gonna be a long day at the office. i mean texas averaged 50.2 points a game IN REAL LIFE. in response to your observation "what some teams would do to stop a scrambling QB are not available in the game.", i say the tools are there but some guys/offenses blow up defensive game plans on a weekly basis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »