Home

Possible solution to the QB Scrambling Cheeser

This is a discussion on Possible solution to the QB Scrambling Cheeser within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Possible solution to the QB Scrambling Cheeser

In another thread the issue of the abuse of the scrambling QB online by cheesers was brought up. I thought about it and came up with idea. I think it would be cool to build in a CFF (Cheese Factor Feature) in the game that would actually take a QB’s real life avg runs per game and make that actually come into play during gameplay. Take Vince Young last year, he averaged approx 12 runs per game last year. That would get built into his rating. Any runs after his 12th attempt would have a major impact on his fatigue level. The player should be visibly slower, hence not as effective. This way a gamer would have to be more diligent in his use of the QB run. He would know coming into the game that he can’t just drop back and then take off all game because it will have an adverse affect on his offense. Take a Brian Brohm of Louisville. He averaged approx. 3 rushes per game. Although he’s probably not an effective runner to begin with, the potential cheeser would be forced to use him in a more realistic way because after his 3rd attempt running would really be useless. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Possible solution to the QB Scrambling Cheeser

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
In another thread the issue of the abuse of the scrambling QB online by cheesers was brought up. I thought about it and came up with idea. I think it would be cool to build in a CFF (Cheese Factor Feature) in the game that would actually take a QB’s real life avg runs per game and make that actually come into play during gameplay. Take Vince Young last year, he averaged approx 12 runs per game last year. That would get built into his rating. Any runs after his 12th attempt would have a major impact on his fatigue level. The player should be visibly slower, hence not as effective. This way a gamer would have to be more diligent in his use of the QB run. He would know coming into the game that he can’t just drop back and then take off all game because it will have an adverse affect on his offense. Take a Brian Brohm of Louisville. He averaged approx. 3 rushes per game. Although he’s probably not an effective runner to begin with, the potential cheeser would be forced to use him in a more realistic way because after his 3rd attempt running would really be useless. Thoughts?
I just refused to play anyone who wanted to use Texas. In fact, I made a list of all the QB's with a 80+ speed rating and avoided those teams at all costs. 95% of people that use those teams are cheesers....I'd just rather avoid them.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarblue1
I just refused to play anyone who wanted to use Texas. In fact, I made a list of all the QB's with a 80+ speed rating and avoided those teams at all costs. 95% of people that use those teams are cheesers....I'd just rather avoid them.
It's not hard to shut down a scrambling QB. I'm considered pretty good with using a scrambling QB, but I played with ODogg on here and he can handle me decently with USC and I had Texas.

It just depends on your skills on defense.

However, this year's NCAA 07 will have Madden-like Defense Adjustments where you can establish QB spies at any positions.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarblue1
This way you wouldn't have to avoid them. It was unfair that you couldn't test your squad against one of the best teams in the game because of the cheese factor. My solution has a gamer like you in mind. Your online experience shouldn't have to get ruined by cheesers. Goodness knows cheesers have ruined a lot of our experiences.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:53 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Nature
It's not hard to shut down a scrambling QB. I'm considered pretty good with using a scrambling QB, but I played with ODogg on here and he can handle me decently with USC and I had Texas.

However, this year's NCAA 07 will have Madden-like Defense Adjustments where you can establish QB spies at any positions.
That is true. There are plenty of gamers out there who have no trouble with scrambling QBs. My solution is more of an opportunity to try and keep a game as realistic as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2006, 05:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

At one time I was ranked in the top 100 on Xbox and still have a great record....so shutting them down isn't the problem. It's just a lame way to play the game and not enjoyable in the least.....besides with BYU's slow, low rated defense they would score from time to time, which was aggrivating.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:22 PM   #7
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Exactly. If your good on D scrambling QB's wasnt a problem last year.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:30 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

The spies on defense weren't as effective as they should have been. I think if they could improve the spybacker's reaction to quarterback movement in future versions, it would be fine. Too often last year, the spybacker would stay in place while the scrambling QB sprinted to the side line, and couldn't make up that lost ground.. In reality he should not allow the QB to break contain like that.. It really shouldn't be a problem with a spy defense and a linebacker who is about as fast as the QB, but in the past that usually wasn't the case.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »