Home

If You could ask EA producers one question about the game....

This is a discussion on If You could ask EA producers one question about the game.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2006, 01:44 PM   #33
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: If You could ask EA producers one question about the game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
They do. The forum is called "The Bank". The feedback from The Bank is generally that all is well. The problem is, people don't understand how seriously their feedback is taken at The Bank.
LOL... that's so true.

Personally, I have had issues with the game that I complain about from time to time, but overall, I've thoroughly enjoyed playing the NCAA series (even 2005). It's probably the only game I look forward to all year... every year. So there are things that I want fixed or implemented, but the issues are not big enough for me to stop buying NCAA each year.

Now if the next-gen versions of the NCAA series plays anything like last year's MADDEN 360, I'd stop feeding "The Bank" all together.

** My question would be when will they implement in-game saves. When you have a wife and kid(s) time is not on your side. **

Last edited by nxt; 06-15-2006 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:51 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
Really? Like what?
Just off the top of my head..an idea I came up with was for online play allow us to see others hurry up %, scrambles with QB %, other aspects of how people play (like hail mary %) and the feedback system (although I wanted the ability to add ebay like comments and that was never implemented).

And lest anyone get upset if they also submitted these ideas don't worry, i'm not saying i'm the only person, i just know these are things I have talked about in these forums and things I saw come to fruition from EA, I know alot of people are asking for these things as well.

Also see this thread regarding wishlists on sites like this and how they've impacted the game

New NCAA Article (Wishlist Granted!)

They do read our wants, just they don't maybe implement as many as we'd like is all.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-15-2006, 02:14 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
They do read our wants, just they don't maybe implement as many as we'd like is all.
Also remember that everyone doesn't want the same thing.

The best example of this I can think of is fumbled snaps. Some people think they would add realism to the game, I think they would be the lamest addition ever. Ditto with trick plays. The same people complaining that their RB/WR can't throw in a HB pass will be the first to complain when someone sticks Bush at QB. Some of the suggestions create major balancing problems and just aren't practical.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2006, 02:27 PM   #36
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

New NCAA Article (Wishlist Granted!)

I was already familiar with the cfb wishlist. Like you said, maybe it is they just have never addressed some of the issues that I would like to see addressed. Online issues for me were just never practical. I have a wife and kids that almost allow me enough time to develop a dynasty each year that I am happy with. For me.....I am with nxt, and would wish for in-game saves.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

My questions would be how come there is still no gang tackling when your competition had gang tackling last gen and two years back? How come there are no halftime highlights when NFL2K5 had them as well as Winning Eleven and that was also last gen. What's your excuses?
Old 06-15-2006, 09:24 PM   #38
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Per the OS staff they do visit and read this forum.
Better be careful though. Come here too often and you get the axe. See Dr. Jones EX EA Roving Producer. (Just kidding, I don't think coming to OS got him axed but rather the mass layoffs they handed everyone).

You can ask him about how much they come here but the developers do lurk around and see what people are writing (he has said they do and obviously he was one of them). For the most part though I think EA discourages their developers to visit the forums and certainly don't want them engaging in discussions. Its so nice to see some developers take questions and sadly enough, EA is not usually one of them. 2K spent time on the boards with basketball, Blitzkrieg with Blitz, a couple 989 guys with baseball etc.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:55 PM   #39
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
LOL... that's so true.

Personally, I have had issues with the game that I complain about from time to time, but overall, I've thoroughly enjoyed playing the NCAA series (even 2005). It's probably the only game I look forward to all year... every year. So there are things that I want fixed or implemented, but the issues are not big enough for me to stop buying NCAA each year.

Now if the next-gen versions of the NCAA series plays anything like last year's MADDEN 360, I'd stop feeding "The Bank" all together.

** My question would be when will they implement in-game saves. When you have a wife and kid(s) time is not on your side. **
Amen to that. Time is definitely on your side with a wife and kid(s). In game saves would be a thing of beauty.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:02 PM   #40
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

Will the player ratings in NFL Head Coach be put into NCAA? If the answer is no then why not?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »