Home

Top 25 LB's

This is a discussion on Top 25 LB's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2006, 11:21 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: Top 25 LB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
Woodley being ranked behind Shaw,conner, and poz is a ****ing joke. Get your tivo out again of the michigan v penn state game this past year and you will see there was more then a couple times that poz got buried by the michigan offensive line. Just goes to show you some people really dont watch football.
You're right, it's absolutely insane that a first team All American Bednark and Butkus award winner would be rated higher than an honorable mention All Big 10 player.

But then again, you're a homer of a 5 loss team, so that's to be expected.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:15 AM   #58
We are...

psufan's Arena

OVR: 12

Like I said before I think Shaw might be a little overrated. People don't seem to be giving Connor as much respect as he deserves. If it weren't for an incident having to sit the first few games of the season he would be higher. You heard it hear first, Dan Connor will fill Posluszny's shoes and then some.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:32 AM   #59
Rookie

aps22's Arena

OVR: 3

As soon as Posluszny went out during the Orange Bowl, Dan Connor was right there to put the defense on his shoulders. He is a very solid player and deserves a 92 rating.

And he missed 3 games at the beginning of the season and still ended with 75 tackles.

Last edited by aps22; 06-17-2006 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:40 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
He is a very solid player and deserves a 92 rating.
No he doesn't. Then again, aside from Pos and Willis, I don't think any LB this year deserves a 92 rating.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:19 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think you are spot on about those linebackers. Pos and PWilly are the two best linebackers in the country. It's interesting that EA Sports goofed up his number. Patrick Willis will be #38 this year because Ole Miss honors a former player, #38 Chucky Mullins, each year to the player on defense that stands for courage, strength, and gives everything on the field. PWilly has been #49 during his time at Ole Miss, but he'll wear #38 this year. He played with a broken arm in a cast last year and racked up the most solo tackles in the country. Both he and Posluszny are heads and shoulders above the rest. Not to say the others aren't great too, but these two are definitely ready for the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2006, 02:11 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienreb
I think you are spot on about those linebackers. Pos and PWilly are the two best linebackers in the country. It's interesting that EA Sports goofed up his number. Patrick Willis will be #38 this year because Ole Miss honors a former player, #38 Chucky Mullins, each year to the player on defense that stands for courage, strength, and gives everything on the field. PWilly has been #49 during his time at Ole Miss, but he'll wear #38 this year. He played with a broken arm in a cast last year and racked up the most solo tackles in the country. Both he and Posluszny are heads and shoulders above the rest. Not to say the others aren't great too, but these two are definitely ready for the league.
should be able to (hopefully) edit his number when we get the game..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-17-2006, 02:55 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

You know it. I'm glad EA allows editing on the players because it helps make the game more realistic as players grow, shrink, change numbers, etc over the course of a season. Change is good.

Did you know Patrick Willis at 97 overall is rated higher than Eli Manning (95 ovr) from NCAA Football 2004? I would venture to say PWilly is the highest rated Ole Miss player to this date in the EA franchise. Interesting.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:16 PM   #64
Rookie

Gmac1016's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienreb
The past several years, EA has not gotten the Mullins Award winner's jersey # right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »