Home

How are ratings determined?

This is a discussion on How are ratings determined? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2006, 11:41 AM   #1
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
How are ratings determined?

I always hear about the "system" EA uses, but just what is this system?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: How are ratings determined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
I always hear about the "system" EA uses, but just what is this system?
They have a counsel of learned, ******** monkeys who arbitrarily assign ratings.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:16 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
They have a counsel of learned, ******** monkeys who arbitrarily assign ratings.
They have thousands of rabid raccoons who are dipped in various paint colors and assigned to closed tracks which are 10 yards each and marked in increments of 1 to 100. When a bell is struck the raccoons are smacked and the further into the track the raccoon sprints (wherever the paint trail ends) is the rating for that player. It may sound crazy but in fact it's been proven to be fairly accurate.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-16-2006, 02:35 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

the 2k series used to have collegefootballnews.com do the ratings. i thought that EA used athlon at one point?
Old 06-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #5
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13

They use some service to rank the players. The USA Today Sports Weekly uses the same service to rank the NFL players during the offseason in their weekly newspaper. In the Sports Weekly it even says it is the same system EA uses to generate its ratings for video games.
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2006, 06:07 PM   #6
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

I really would like to know the system, since no matter what I still can't blow out Buffalo with USC by 50+ points on any difficulty...despite the fact that USC would crush them in real life. The ratings obviously don't play out accurately, since you have the infamous "catch up" AI (and some of those ratings on IGN look insane!).

Love the game, but man, I've always wondered about those attribute numbers...

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 06-16-2006, 06:26 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
I really would like to know the system, since no matter what I still can't blow out Buffalo with USC by 50+ points on any difficulty...despite the fact that USC would crush them in real life. The ratings obviously don't play out accurately, since you have the infamous "catch up" AI (and some of those ratings on IGN look insane!).

Love the game, but man, I've always wondered about those attribute numbers...
I don't know how to say this without being insulting to you but you should be able to blow out muppet teams with the USC's of the world by 50+ points, I know I do. Usually my first Buckeyes game in my Dynasty is like 63-0 on the All-american setting and i've had scores in the 70's (and occasionally the 80's and one time the 90's) but lest I think the game's just too easy then I go to play a *real* team like PSU and it's a 28-24 game. So in terms of that aspect I think the game is very realistic.

I'll give you an out here though, maybe you just are a nice guy and aren't ruthless enough to beat up on the muppet schools. Now if you're playing Heisman then I can't help you because to me that level of difficulty is just all around unrealistic in the cpu's favor. I play with modified sliders to give the CPU some help on AA.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-16-2006, 06:36 PM   #8
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, and I will admit that I have given some blowouts (using sliders on AA like yourself). It's more on the order about how the computer can still put up a lot of yards and stuff in the second half, while in the first half your D totally stifled them. Even when I don't sub in my scrubs I can't help but give up a lot of yards.

I will say that sliders go a long way in making the game realistic though...scary in some instances.

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »