Home

Blocking Techniques that could improve

This is a discussion on Blocking Techniques that could improve within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2006, 09:11 PM   #1
Rookie

soonerhud07's Arena

OVR: 1
Blocking Techniques that could improve

users should have a hit stick to block with, my friends and i like to play 2 on 2's, 4 on 4's etc... and a great deal of blocking is involved and to be able to light someone up blocking would be pretty fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2006, 09:18 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: Blocking Techniques that could improve

"Lighting people up" in blocking is pretty rare, and 99% of the time either due to the defensive player tangeling his feet up, leaving his feet, or crackback/blindsiding. It is very rare that two players hit head on and one just gets trucked.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:40 PM   #3
Rookie

soonerhud07's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
"Lighting people up" in blocking is pretty rare, and 99% of the time either due to the defensive player tangeling his feet up, leaving his feet, or crackback/blindsiding. It is very rare that two players hit head on and one just gets trucked.
thats true but they should make it easier just to block someone, you should be able to square up with them instead of doing that little, bump shoulder routine

one more thing, HELMETS NEED TO POP OFF ON BIG HITS every once and a while...that would be sweet
Old 06-18-2006, 09:50 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

This is what I'm cautious with the new madden feature. The reality is, if a defender is facing you and looking at you he is going to use some technique to take on the block. You are not going to be "blowing him up," i.e., pancaking him. I have never seen a smart defender get done like that. If he is facing the blocker he will lower his hips and use his hands to deal with the block. Now there are occasions where defenders get lit up and most of the time it is when they are not aware that that blocker is about to unload on them. But if they are looking directly at the blocker, Nahhh aint gonna happen.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:22 AM   #5
Rookie

soonerhud07's Arena

your right but blocking should be easier it seems when you try to block you can like bounce off of him and only bump him even if ur head on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2006, 09:49 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerhud07
your right but blocking should be easier it seems when you try to block you can like bounce off of him and only bump him even if ur head on
I think sooners main point is he wants an actual blocking button which allows you to do more than just rub up against the guy and with that I agree. I believe there is a button now in NCAA to block but it's terribly ineffective and usually you just glance against the guy. I believe this is indeed a Madden feature with that lead blocking stuff from what I've read but haven't heard anything about NCAA having it.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-19-2006, 12:26 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

ha... might as well have an NCAA thread about blocking techniques that COULDN'T improve...
Old 06-19-2006, 01:06 PM   #8
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
I can't stand this in the NCAA series.
Right after the snap an OL knocks a DL on his back in pass protection or vice versa. I don't think I've ever seen that. I've seen guys lose their balance or get smothered because they lose their footing but to get knocked on their back right after the snap in pass pro is crazy. The only time I can think of an OL getting knocked down is when there is defensive offsides and the DL pushes the OL, who's still in his stance, down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »