Home

Gamestop says July 4th

This is a discussion on Gamestop says July 4th within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2006, 02:29 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Gamestop says July 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The worker is confused....its the 18th.
I agree. The Gamestop that's closest to my house has a bunch of idiots working in it. Seriously. They tick me off cuz I will buy a game then try to sell me the strategy guide (cuz they are supposed to get as many "add on" sales as possible), and they tell me how much I need this stragegy guide and how I will be so sorry if I dont get it now. And they tell me this in that tone of voice that says "i work here, I know what Im talking about, I know everything about whts going on with these games" When in reality most clerks ive seen arent really die hard gamers at all. Its just an easy job for them to work while in HS or College. Last week this dude was asking the clerks about a transfer kit for the 360. This long haired Fast Times and Richmond High looking dude was like "huh". The guy said " you know, the transfer kit, its like Action Replay but for the 360". The clerk said "oh they dont make anything like that for the 360". They guy said "well ive seen people talk about it on message boards". The clerk responded "oh thats not an actual product then, if it was we would have it. Those are guys who are creating hacks for the games and stuff". I just looked at the clerk then looked at the customer and said "Go to Best Buy and look or ask a clerk there for the Datel Transfer kit for the 360, I picked one up 3 weeks ago there".

Clerks dont know jack. Youre right he was confused. That game is not coming out on July the 4th. You know a clerk has to be really dumb to give release dates to customers from magazine articles and previews rather than just look in his POS cash register / computer there and see the REAL release date.

Im at the point now when I go in for something I have the "shut up, dont say a word, just sell me what Im asking for" look on my face.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:37 PM   #50
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar

Clerks dont know jack. Youre right he was confused. That game is not coming out on July the 4th. You know a clerk has to be really dumb to give release dates to customers from magazine articles and previews rather than just look in his POS cash register / computer there and see the REAL release date.
well just so you know, our computers say that the game will ship to us on July 4th. Now the game is still street dated for July 18th, so it won't be on shelves until then. The computer also shows that the game is street dated for July 18th.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-22-2006, 02:39 PM   #51
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
So what's your guess since July 4th is.............well.............July 4th and no one delivers?
Are you asking my guess on when the game will be at the stores? If so, then I am going to guess either the Thursday or Friday after the 4th. It may even be the next Monday. Hard to say.

Now if you are asking when it will be available on shelves, that will be July 18th unless they change the street date.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2006, 02:57 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
well just so you know, our computers say that the game will ship to us on July 4th. Now the game is still street dated for July 18th, so it won't be on shelves until then. The computer also shows that the game is street dated for July 18th.
I remember when I worked in a Babbages and there was a Kay Bee toy store right across from us in the mall. If Kaybee broke the street date, our district manager would have us petty cash out some money, go over there and buy a copy of the game and keep it with the receipt then we could start selling our copies as well.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:00 PM   #53
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Allright, I returned to my local Gamestop, armed with knowledge and a thirst for more.

The quotes are general approximations - I did not record nor remember every exact thing that was said

I walked in and checked the board. No changes - NCAA Football 07, July 4th. Different worker at the counter this time. I walk up to him and ask, "What day is NCAA Football 2007 released?" This time he checks it right on his computer. He tells me July 18th. Then I ask him what's the board about. He looks at the board, looks in the computer again, tells me "That's a good question", and goes over to, supposedly, the manager. The manager comes back, checks the computer with the other guy (he's got his brow clenched like he's defusing a bomb, it was pretty funny). After some clicking, he says to me, "Well, sir... I'm not completely sure when this game will be for sale." The other worker, who's been standing there, points at the screen and says to the manager "It says it ships July 4th". Manager says "Yes, but... look at this." (He must've moved the cursor over something) So then the manager says to me, "You'll be sure to have it no later than July 18, that's for sure. Come back in soon and maybe this'll be sorted out."

So I left (also picking up a used copy of the college MVP Baseball in the process). My estimation is that their computer says Ship on July 4, but Release on July 18. But street dates aren't that complicated for store managers. I'm wondering if there's something else we don't know...
Old 06-22-2006, 03:19 PM   #54
R**k**

OVR: 3

There is a 2 page spread in the new Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine about NCAA 2007 that has some information about the game (about how the developers watched hundreds of games to fine tune the playbooks for each team). One of the things it states is that development started in June 2005 and right next to this it says that the game will be available July 18, 2006. For what its worth.

It was on about page 6 of the magazine - towards the front.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:58 PM   #55
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Allright, I returned to my local Gamestop, armed with knowledge and a thirst for more.

The quotes are general approximations - I did not record nor remember every exact thing that was said

I walked in and checked the board. No changes - NCAA Football 07, July 4th. Different worker at the counter this time. I walk up to him and ask, "What day is NCAA Football 2007 released?" This time he checks it right on his computer. He tells me July 18th. Then I ask him what's the board about. He looks at the board, looks in the computer again, tells me "That's a good question", and goes over to, supposedly, the manager. The manager comes back, checks the computer with the other guy (he's got his brow clenched like he's defusing a bomb, it was pretty funny). After some clicking, he says to me, "Well, sir... I'm not completely sure when this game will be for sale." The other worker, who's been standing there, points at the screen and says to the manager "It says it ships July 4th". Manager says "Yes, but... look at this." (He must've moved the cursor over something) So then the manager says to me, "You'll be sure to have it no later than July 18, that's for sure. Come back in soon and maybe this'll be sorted out."

So I left (also picking up a used copy of the college MVP Baseball in the process). My estimation is that their computer says Ship on July 4, but Release on July 18. But street dates aren't that complicated for store managers. I'm wondering if there's something else we don't know...

July 4th is the date that EA is turning the game loose and shipping it to stores. The game is street dated for July 18th.

The computer has a release date next to the game but after the title tells you in parentheses that the game is street dated for such and such date.

Hope this helps.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2006, 08:39 PM   #56
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

When I was in Target a few weeks back asking about the DS Lite, the guy was telling me how they would be getting NCAA in 2 weeks early, and wouldn't be able to sale them. So the ship date very well could be the 4th of July. Could be a mad house with a few select stores breaking streat date..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »