Home

NCAA on PS2 or XBOX 360

This is a discussion on NCAA on PS2 or XBOX 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2006, 10:17 PM   #25
BIG
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA on PS2 or XBOX 360

Since you have a PS2 now, i would get the PS2 version, and wait to see what the PS3 has to offer. That is what i am doing, but i have a PSP so i am most excited about that version. The 360 might end up being superior to the PS3, i don't really know, but i want to compare both before i buy either.

You dont want to buy a 360, and then find out that the PS3 is way better. so get the PS2, and stomach the pains of having basically the same graphics for one more year. or buy a psp, and the psp version of NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2006, 06:17 AM   #26
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrantham
im playing my 360 on my standard 27" tv. honestly, when i play fifa, ive had people ask if im actually watching the world cup when they walk into the room.
I saw that on display at Future Shop and it did look absolutely amazing. No doubt the graphics are a nice step up. I think the 360 and PS3 will be nearly identical in how the games look so the decision between the two next gen systems will be over price, exclusive games (Halo 3 on the 360 or maybe the Show for PS3, etc) and if you want a built in HD DVD player (assuming Blue Ray is the winning format).

If price is an issue and you can wait a bit, I would try to wait for the rumoured price drop when the PS3 launches and pick up a 360 then. Especially if you only care about sports games (and not baseball since 2K is still behind), the 360 really seems the way to go. Could save you $100 on the 360 and much more compared to the PS3.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:20 AM   #27
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

The 360. It is a fantastic console.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:40 AM   #28
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuhelms
To start: I have been really busy this summer after finishing my first year of law school so I haven't been able to keep up with all of the features and announcements on this game for both systems.

The question: I DON'T have an X-BOX 360 but I have seriously been debating whether I should get one. I do have a PS2 and I buy NCAA and Madden every year on this system. What are the differences between the 360 and the PS2? Would those differences put someone who is lukewarm about the prospects of buying a 360 over the edge or will NCAA on the 360 be like Madden on the 360 last year? Any advice or help? THANKS!

It depends on if these are the only games you play. The only thing the 360 has over the current gens are graphics. Current Gen will have more features although some of the main ones were added to the 360. So it depends on if you are happy with the graphics on the current gen or do you want to spend 500.00 for a graphics upgrade. Me? I'm still debating....360 looks soooo damn good I almost wanna go ahead & drop for it. Then again I dont play many games other than NCAA football or CH2K when it comes to sports titles. I might just wait for PS3 next year since I'm a RPG guy.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:56 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbh33
that has got to be the dumbest statement ever, the ps3 controller doesn't even vibrate. no rumble feature whatsoever.

sony, in general, sucks. tell me if you have ever had a "disc read error?"

Disc read error huh... I just encountered this after years of use and abuse. My system had been pulled off the shelf at least a dozen times and continued to work perfectly for years. When I finally got the error, I took it apart and cleaned/adjusted the lense. Put it back together and it works perfect again!

I don't like the virate feature anyway, no loss in my mind. Especially considering that you will get pressure sensitive buttons now, the harder you press, the harder the action.

As to whether or not buy a 360, I can't justify it to play one or two games. According to the local shops MS will not be droppipng the 360 price at christmas this year. They are keeping the price the same since they will still be cheaper than sony. Personally, I am going to wait and see the PS3 before I make a decision. I have been a big fan of sony since I can still play my ps one games on the ps2 and even the ps3 when it is released! That is huge to me.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:44 AM   #30
Rookie

INeedShades's Arena

OVR: 3

I won't miss what I don't have, so I'm sticking with PS2 until there is a 360 price drop or I see what will come of the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray war. I'll probably make the move for NCAA 2008 or GTA at the latest, but that's 12 months away.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:54 AM   #31
Rookie

ps2sportgamer's Arena

OVR: 5

im sticking with PS2 this year. i know its gonna be a complete game with prolly no glitches and an Improved online system (assuming they fixed the WR Direct LOL). 360 is too risky fo $350+
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #32
Rookie

TooTall's Arena

OVR: 4

So the main difference between the two systems are just the graphics? It seems like the gameplay/features will be the same based off of what I have read so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »