Home

IGN: Dynasty hands-on (360)

This is a discussion on IGN: Dynasty hands-on (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2006, 03:31 AM   #17
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: IGN: Dynasty hands-on (360)

"The controls and physics feel much like Madden 06 on the 360, with sprint being mapped to the R-trigger and players, in general, having a bit of a heavier feel."

- Does this scare anybody?! Scares me quite a bit (even though IGN doesnt know sports games)
Old 06-23-2006, 04:45 AM   #18
Rookie

radoslaw77's Arena

OVR: 2

"Off the field, the Dynasty mode gets the job done, but the features are eerily similar to NCAA Football 1998. "
--------------

This is why I'm taking a break this year from getting the game. 2006 felt old and tired. Don't get me wrong - I love the new visuals. But the game needs some serious tinkering. Tons of new animations. Tons of new comments. More faces, haircuts, different walking styles, different throwing styles, different running styles. For immersion, you need these things.

Give me outcuts to players to talking to each other on the sidelines - maybe one is building another player up (good attitude), or tearing him down (bad attitude). Or maybe you hear the coach yell at a player who just screwed up and is subbed out. Let me hear a player whine about how the LE is playing dirty. Let me hear a WR say he can beat his CB - that the guy is slow. Let me hear an OL give an excuse for why he missed the block on the sack. Maybe you only 3 or 4 a game - not too many. But you need tons of these. Every game that has things like this gets old after a while. You need a ton so that maybe you hear or see something once, twice, maybe three times.

Dynasty is fun but so predictable. You recruit your 4 and 5 star kids, all your guys will be in the 80's or 90's. Gets old. So you place restrictions on yourself. Well, what the crap is that? The game is pretty much the same for the past 5 years. Why can't they make recruiting more realistic - less of a sure thing. There a few can't miss prospects out there. There sure isn't a whole roster full of them. Maybe they give you the option of having recruiting be easy (current situation) or hard (new development with more variation and players who decline).

Give me guys who quit. Give me guys who beat their girlfriends or steal from teammates. Give me boosters who try to bribe recruits for me - you can allow that bribe but you may get caught. Give me injured players and the option to give the human growth hormone to get them better sooner ... but you may get caught.

Next gen you should allow massive depth to visuals and animations and dynasty. Until I see it ... well, I've had enough of the game that I've been playing for the past 5-6 years.

Last edited by radoslaw77; 06-23-2006 at 04:48 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:31 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
"The controls and physics feel much like Madden 06 on the 360, with sprint being mapped to the R-trigger and players, in general, having a bit of a heavier feel."

- Does this scare anybody?! Scares me quite a bit (even though IGN doesnt know sports games)
I can see why they compare the two, it has a similar feel. But NCAA was much more responsive (didnt feel nearly as heavy) and had a more open feel to it, also played quicker. So while its easy to say the base of it feels like Madden 06, the first thing at E3 we noticed was how improved it was over it. I dont know why they would make that statement.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:11 AM   #20
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
I can see why they compare the two, it has a similar feel. But NCAA was much more responsive (didnt feel nearly as heavy) and had a more open feel to it, also played quicker. So while its easy to say the base of it feels like Madden 06, the first thing at E3 we noticed was how improved it was over it. I dont know why they would make that statement.
Thanks for mitigating that particular statement. I panicked when I read it.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:28 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 7

Ok guys, lets not overreact to this "hands-on". First of all, it was only a few paragraphs long, and it wasnt written very well. This wasnt even close to an in-depth hands-on. He barely covered being Miami and then getting through game one.

This is a very light briefing of ....I dont even know. He didnt discuss dynasty and his comments about gameplay are contrary to reports from people who played it at E3.

Unless final code is far different from E3, I think the videos and E3 hands-on impressions should be trusted more than this little IGN briefing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2006, 07:16 AM   #22
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

Also, keep in mind if he won his first game over Florida State 34-21, he's probably playing at a pretty easy difficulty level.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:16 AM   #23
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
This week has proven to be very frustrating for me. I did not realize this game too was getting chopped down as did Madden. Unbelievable.

The price is there, the rhetoric and hype, but we are getting games that are lacking.

NCAA 07 has been demoted to a rental.
Same way I started feeling. Im still undecided. I might either rent or wait for a used copy. Its been the videos that made me feel a little on the fence. The more I see the less I like for some reason.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 06-23-2006 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:23 AM   #24
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm excited. Even if 360 is my online game and I pick up Xbox for single player down the road. 360 looks great and, from all accounts, plays great between the chalk. That's all I need to hear.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »