Home

Running with the QB

This is a discussion on Running with the QB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2006, 04:56 PM   #9
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Running with the QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy
Its great that the community can come up with band-aid solutions that can improve gameplay. But why is it that whenever someone points out a weakness in gameplay there has to be a pile-on of posts that use ridiculous pretzel logic and rationalizations to explain that there really is no problem?

It may have been possible for some players to "stop the long ball" (by emphasizing that part of the defense to an unrealistic extent), however that does not excuse the fact that there was a quite severe game imbalance in the passing game. The passing issues were not even fully resolvable using sliders.

Is it really too much to ask for a game that plays realistically without a bunch of player mediated band aids? The gaming press for the most part seems all too ready to let the developers off the hook on gameplay issues, we as gamers shouldn't be so soft.

Just trying to help you out "little fellar". What guys will do is come in and give you suggestions and help that will help you. The guy mentioned the 3-4 and I don't even run that defense meaning there are multiple ways to stop it. There are folks out there that are really talented on this game and in this community if you "cry out for help" guys will come and help. Don't see the glass as empty, it is full!
Old 07-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #10
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Amen.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #11
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

The best I was able to stop it last year was to cover the flats so the QB couldn't run outside, and when he threw it deep I manually defended the WR,it worked for me most of the time.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2006, 05:10 PM   #12
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Using almost any LB as as spy while using man or zone coverage works, just keep the QB in front of you.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:10 PM   #13
Rookie

VolPett's Arena

OVR: 5

The bomb was so bad last year, that even when I set it up with a couple of runs and a play action fake, I still felt guilty.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:12 PM   #14
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolPett
a couple of runs and a play action fake, I still felt guilty.
I was more concerned about getting sacked
No time for guilt.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:44 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
Using almost any LB as as spy while using man or zone coverage works, just keep the QB in front of you.
This must be a joke, because no LB is as fast as Vick or Young. Their speed in last year was crazy, the LB would just get blown by no matter how good you shadow. We played the game hours and hours for months. I know the ins/outs of the game and it comes down to bad gameplay. I should not have to use the 3-4 to stop scrambling QB's. I realize that QB's do scramble in real life, but not to the over the top running that was in college 06. I understand the game well and am a very good player, but I hate how I have to do ******** things to make up for crap gameplay. And the comment about choosing the DB to defend the WR, try doing that against the Texas reciever that was so tall he just jumped over anyone! To top it off when the WR does catch the ball, if the DB is too close he tries to do that stupid shoulder tackle animation and the WR jumps over him and runs for the TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2006, 05:48 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy
whenever someone points out a weakness in gameplay there has to be a pile-on of posts that use ridiculous pretzel logic
I am starving.

I had some trouble during the fall with texas because people could run and you could stop them but they would just throw it up to sneed and get a score.

The 4-3 triple spy, two DE's and mike, and you just had to man up and try to make a user pick. Sometimes you did and sometimes you didnt.

I dont like what madden has turned into, blitz, but I do like how 'pass acc' goes down when you are not set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »