Home

Running with the QB

This is a discussion on Running with the QB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #49
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Running with the QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy
If you are going to offer up some advice (or proclaim your greatness), it is important to acknowledge (or deny) the existance of said imbalance.
I guess if that is how you view it, then it is important to denote that said "existence of imbalance." I think that everyone on here admits it, written or not, by suggesting how the issue can be stopped. To each his own.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #50
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon10 Re: Running with the QB

Quote:
It is possible to defend the deep ball. It is possible to contain QB running. I salute all of you great players, you are truely AMAZING. I bow down before your great gameplay skills

However, that is not the point of this thread. The fact that Joe Cockmunch is a stalwart against the long ball is missing the point.

The point is that there should be balance in the gameplay. What that specifically means in this context is that all of the elements of college football gameplay should be simulated accurately; the relative difficulty of all aspects of gameplay should be equal.

What? The point being there should be a "sub-walk on" mode that could more easily fit your skills?

The game has been explained to you over and over again. Read, it will help in many ways
Old 07-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
I guess if that is how you view it, then it is important to denote that said "existence of imbalance." I think that everyone on here admits it, written or not, by suggesting how the issue can be stopped. To each his own.
No, its not about how I view it. It is about what the original poster wrote, and thus this thread. If he had written a post asking for strategies to combat QB running and the long ball then it would be a different story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2006, 02:34 PM   #52
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
And forget about realistic assignments to stop the option. When defenses are expecting the option, they assign a defender to each back, including the QB. No such defense on NCAA 2006.

No one can deny Young's effectiveness, or how he made defenses adjust to his style. The problem is his talents were fully represented in the game while defensive strategies and abilities are not.
Everyone who knows/plays(ed) knows about the assignments to stop the option and we all know that there is no defense designed just to thwart the option team in the game: flaw.

How exactly did teams in the (real) NCAA stop Vince Young anyway? So you are 100% correct when there as "no such defense on NCAA 2006." Real or video game related. Since there is not, I believe that this is what all (most) posters were trying to convey....Admitting that there is no real defense to stop that type of "O" by suggesting what they did to slow down the attack.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:38 PM   #53
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
No, its not about how I view it. It is about what the original poster wrote, and thus this thread. If he had written a post asking for strategies to combat QB running and the long ball then it would be a different story.
First off: I agree with the original poster and it appears to me that after around 5-6 posts the thread was going into an entirely different direction.

Maybe it is about how I view it then.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslcommissioner
What? The point being there should be a "sub-walk on" mode that could more easily fit your skills?

The game has been explained to you over and over again. Read, it will help in many ways
Where did I mention anything about a ""sub-walk on"" mode? Don't try putting words in my mouth and using straw man arguments on me.

The game has been explained to me? And how would that be relevant? HAHA!

The point is that the original poster made a valid complaint about the ease of running with the QB and throwing long bombs. He wasn't asking for your explainations about the game. Do you agree with his thesis? Will this issue be addressed in '07?
Old 07-10-2006, 03:28 PM   #55
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10

If that was his question, fozzy bear, then apparently he simply needs to get better and follow the instructions left in this thread for him. I have no problem with the game in those areas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #56
Rookie

Well thats more like it commish, I don't agree, but your viewpoint that there is no gameplay imbalance with QB running and long bombs is perfectly valid.

It is good to discuss gameplay balance, its just that oftentimes when a gameplay balance question is raised, that discussion gets drowned out by gameplay suggestions, which can imply that there really is no gameplay imbalance.

Last edited by Foddzy; 07-10-2006 at 03:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »