Home

My PS2 is craping out on me

This is a discussion on My PS2 is craping out on me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2006, 09:16 PM   #1
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11
My PS2 is craping out on me

It tends to automatically shutoff(due to overheating I assume. perhaps the vents are too clogged) after 1 to 2 hours of being on. This is unexceptable because many times I'm in situations while playing NCAA when I must pause and take care of other things(such as life).

I have an Xbox, but am not thrilled with the controller layout. I have read on here that there is an adapter for the Xbox that will allow an Xbox user to plug in a PS2 controller.

How well does it work? Any drawbacks?

How much does this adapter cost?

Can I get this at BB, EB, CC, Walmart?

Last edited by hogfan; 07-09-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2006, 09:25 PM   #2
Rookie

mcbh33's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: My PS2 is craping out on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
It tends to automatically shutoff(due to overheating I assume. perhaps the vents are too clogged) after 1 to 2 hours of being on. This is unexceptable because many times I'm in situations while playing NCAA when I must pause and take care of other things(such as life).

I have an Xbox, but am not thrilled with the controller layout. I have read on here that there is an adapter for the Xbox that will allow an Xbox user to plug in a PS2 controller.

How well does it work? Any drawbacks?

How much does this adapter cost?

Can I get this at BB, EB, CC, Walmart?
The adapters do not work very well. However, you could trade in your ps2 and get 25 bucks toward a refurb or used ps2 for bout 65 dollars total.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #3
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: My PS2 is craping out on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbh33
The adapters do not work very well. However, you could trade in your ps2 and get 25 bucks toward a refurb or used ps2 for bout 65 dollars total.
What is the problem with them?

Poor response time?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »