Home

EGM 360 Review

This is a discussion on EGM 360 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2006, 10:57 AM   #17

OVR: 34
Re: EGM 360 Review

If they gave it a 8.5, I wonder what the tone of this thread would be. EGM, whether thay give a positive or negative review, is not worthy of guaging the value of a game.

I can say that based on the proof given by IGN and their recent preview, the game will lack depth and the corners may be a bit rough. Unfortunately, I've decide to focus on the quality of gameplay, as the hopes of true depth in tha game aren't very promising.

They had a good several months to work on this title, and obviously part of the focus was incorporating in game advertising, and implementing pay-for XBL features. Sad, when maybe that energy could have been used for more game related issues.

I don't expect to see this title getting reviews higher than 8.2, but that shouldn't determine whether you purchase it or not. I've learned that reviews can be right on and absolutely out there in space.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:57 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Assuming momentum really does suck, this game is:

NCAA 2006
+Pretty graphics, stadiums, a few new plays, new defensive formations
-CAT, RFTH, ESPN the magazine, Classic/1AA teams

Oh wait, there's also a 3D Map!!!!
They said they cant "see" how momentum is working, but the devs already explained that you get ability boosts (+5 when maxed?). This would be hard to notice if you didnt know how it worked.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #19
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Assuming momentum really does suck, this game is:

NCAA 2006
+Pretty graphics, stadiums, a few new plays, new defensive formations
-CAT, RFTH, ESPN the magazine, Classic/1AA teams

Oh wait, there's also a 3D Map!!!!
RFTH, big deal, whatever.
ESPN the Magazine, again, big deal.
Classic teams, whatever.
1AA teams, not a gamekiller, but a disappointment.
CAT, again, not a gamekiller, but a disappointment.

I don't know why anyone would get upset over that list other than 1AA teams.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Hasn't NCAA on default settings always been slanted significantly towards offense?????

I was thinking the exact same thing. I've had to crank the defensive AI sliders almost all the way up on just about every version of NCAA for the CPU to ever get stops. I don't mind doing it again.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:06 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
RFTH, big deal, whatever.
ESPN the Magazine, again, big deal.
Classic teams, whatever.
1AA teams, not a gamekiller, but a disappointment.
CAT, again, not a gamekiller, but a disappointment.

I don't know why anyone would get upset over that list other than 1AA teams.
The magazine is annoying, it ws about the only decent presentation in the game. I think the bigger problem isn't the substractions themselves, but the lack of additions. If they'd have taken that stuff out and replaced them with full playbooks, a deeper dynasty, and ESPN, then I don't care. It's the fact that they took out a lot of stuff, and then didn't add anything special.

Quote:
They said they cant "see" how momentum is working, but the devs already explained that you get ability boosts (+5 when maxed?). This would be hard to notice if you didnt know how it worked.
EA says all kind of crap. I'll go with player impressions over reviews, but I'll take reviews over some developer BS any day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2006, 11:06 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Hasn't NCAA on default settings always been slanted significantly towards offense?????
Yes and thats a good thing. It's much easier to tone down a game with too much offense, then it is too add offense to a game that doesn't have near enough.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
The magazine is annoying, it ws about the only decent presentation in the game. I think the bigger problem isn't the substractions themselves, but the lack of additions. If they'd have taken that stuff out and replaced them with full playbooks, a deeper dynasty, and ESPN, then I don't care. It's the fact that they took out a lot of stuff, and then didn't add anything special.

EA says all kind of crap. I'll go with player impressions over reviews, but I'll take reviews over some developer BS any day.
I really like the magazine, it gives you good information. Now if all the information that the magazine gave you is still in the game for 360, but not in magazine form then i will be happy.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #24
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
You're right... it was a good bit of presentation. I've always been a big fan of the 3-man booth though, it works pretty well. I think the work they've done on the game will be worth it.

But they did add some playbooks, momentum (broken or not, we'll see soon), plus they built the whole game on a new engine. I think this game, more than prior games, will hinge upon the gameplay. We just don't have the outside stuff to go with now.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »