Home

I hope the 360 version is good but you know what makes me angry...

This is a discussion on I hope the 360 version is good but you know what makes me angry... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2006, 11:06 AM   #1
Rookie

orhymes's Arena

OVR: 2
I hope the 360 version is good but you know what makes me angry...

It makes me angry that if the 360 version isn't any good that EA won't make the xbox version backwards compatible...

Why does EA do this... When I bought my 360 one of the first things I wanted to do was play Madden 06 (xbox) so that I could utilize the shoulder buttons for stiff arms and jukes... but lo and behold it wasn't backwards compatible because EA wanted everyone to buy the 360 version....

So I end by saying this: EA if you are going to take away features from the 360 version of the game then at least give us a choice what version we want to play... anyone agree?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2006, 11:09 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: I hope the 360 version is good but you know what makes me angry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orhymes
It makes me angry that if the 360 version isn't any good that EA won't make the xbox version backwards compatible...

Why does EA do this... When I bought my 360 one of the first things I wanted to do was play Madden 06 (xbox) so that I could utilize the shoulder buttons for stiff arms and jukes... but lo and behold it wasn't backwards compatible because EA wanted everyone to buy the 360 version....

So I end by saying this: EA if you are going to take away features from the 360 version of the game then at least give us a choice what version we want to play... anyone agree?
This has been my main thing i hate about the 360. We were promised backward compatibility and MS hasn't even tried to make half the games that way. It's BS!! Alot of us sold our Xboxes based on MS's lies and now we can't play alot of good games.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #3
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

That's on MS's shoulders, not EA.

From what I heard, the developers can't help MS either, MS has to do it by themselves.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-10-2006, 11:12 AM   #4
Rookie

orhymes's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
This has been my main thing i hate about the 360. We were promised backward compatibility and MS hasn't even tried to make half the games that way. It's BS!! Alot of us sold our Xboxes based on MS's lies and now we can't play alot of good games.
very true, but even worse than MS is EA's policy of not making their sports games backwards compatible. When you think about why doesn't the 360 just play xbox games out of the box without an emulator, would this really have been that hard to implement?
Old 07-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

MS was quoted in an article (can't remember, no link) that they feel they've gone beyond what they said they would provide in terms of BC. They said they are getting away from it and don't want to do it anymore.

Both EA and MS are needed to make the game backwards compatible and as much as it might suck, it will never happen on the 360 for Madden or NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2006, 11:15 AM   #6
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by orhymes
very true, but even worse than MS is EA's policy of not making their sports games backwards compatible. When you think about why doesn't the 360 just play xbox games out of the box without an emulator, would this really have been that hard to implement?
Xbox games have to be emulated due to a different chipset and the way that it interprets code. Plus it's not EA in the least. MS has to make the games backwards compatible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
MS was quoted in an article (can't remember, no link) that they feel they've gone beyond what they said they would provide in terms of BC. They said they are getting away from it and don't want to do it anymore.
That's a real shame. I think they could sell more copies of games for Xbox if they make the more popular games BC, along with popular sports games (NFL 2k5 and MVP NCAA will sell a lot of copies if those would ever get BC).

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It's BS!! Alot of us sold our Xboxes based on MS's lies and now we can't play alot of good games.
Note to self - Dont sell XBOX if I wanna play XBOX games. Dont sell Xbox360 if I wanna play Xbox360 games.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Yeah, I read that article and was a bit peeved after reading that.

It's like they did a handfull of games and said "we're done".

However, after all the new sports games come out this year, I don't think there will be a need for it to be BC. I mean, as long as the games on the 360 are decent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »