Home

Are the OS guys going to get an early copy for review?

This is a discussion on Are the OS guys going to get an early copy for review? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2006, 07:51 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Are the OS guys going to get an early copy for review?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I honestly think 2k/VC wants their games to be improved and dont mind gamers being totally honest.
Thats what I thought until MLB 2K6 plagued this earth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #26
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Thats what I thought until MLB 2K6 plagued this earth.
Maybe the 360 is just cursed when it comes to exclusive lisenced games. First Madden, then MLB 2K6, next... oh dammit!

Last edited by TheGamingChef; 07-10-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:13 PM   #27
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
Sage feeling the music cuz, what part of Jersey are you from?

Oh my bad lol forgot about the topic...All I know is EA better not disappoint or I may just have to give up on video game football all together..
Thanx 4real, appreciate you stoppin thru man. Originally from Newark, NJ. As far as MLB 2k6 idk wtf happened there,lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-10-2006, 10:18 PM   #28
Rookie

guy_incognito's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Really its more like they dont want to potentially lose any customers. For example, OS doesnt sugar coat stuff. So if NCAA 07 was horrible or had some huge glitches, we would tell you guys and because of that some of you would not buy the game. If they dont provide us with a preview copy, there is no risk and they wont potentially lose any customers. EA is past the point of having to win over customers.
1. This is why I worry about those of you who will buy 3 versions of the same game. I doubt EA will put a ton of work into a title that people will buy for 1 or 2 features alone.

2. EA, it seems, is putting all of its eggs into the 360 titles. I saw the trailer for NCAA and Madden for 360 last weekend when I took my little girl to Pirates of the Caribbean 2. If NCAA for the 360 was without any warts, OS would probably have the game already.

3. I am waiting until the reviews are out to buy this game.

4. For what it's worth, this is the only gaming forum that I frequent. I am 30 and don't thrive on drama and stupidity, so that pretty much knocks the rest of the sites out. Thanks OS dudes.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:43 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 8

Exactly the same thing every year:

1) Rumours of early release

2) A few get it early starting the feeding frenzy with disenfranchised others having to wait until the release date

3) Everyone LOVES it initially..but wait, there's always a few underlying concerns...too many long balls? no PI? but we're not sure because people play a quarter and write an initial review, it could be an abberation.

4) Underlying concerns become bigger, some call it deal breakers, other threaten to return it, some keep playing and call the others whiners and EA haters....others say 'wait til next year!!!!!!'

5) I get my copy a few weeks later after reading some reviews...I adjust the sliders to my liking (don't know why everyone has to rely on other people's sliders), and play the game happily for a few months before I tire of it.

6) I revisit this site about the same time next year to repeat the process.

Same 'ol same 'ol.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:49 PM   #30
Th* m*n...

Slymm's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep

2) A few get it early starting the feeding frenzy with disenfranchised others having to wait until the release date

3) Everyone LOVES it initially..but wait, there's always a few underlying concerns...too many long balls? no PI? but we're not sure because people play a quarter and write an initial review, it could be an abberation.

4) Underlying concerns become bigger, some call it deal breakers, other threaten to return it, some keep playing and call the others whiners and EA haters....others say 'wait til next year!!!!!!'

5) I get my copy a few weeks later after reading some reviews...I adjust the sliders to my liking (don't know why everyone has to rely on other people's sliders), and play the game happily for a few months before I tire of it.

Same 'ol same 'ol.
So the point of that was to pretty much make yourself seem smart and everyone else look like douchebags?
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
MLB: San Francisco Giants
Old 07-10-2006, 10:51 PM   #31
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep

Same 'ol same 'ol.

God I love this time of year.
Remember it's not the prize but the journey. . . . er something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2006, 10:59 PM   #32
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I will say, once a console sports game I'm interested in gets closer to release, the more I frequent these forums due to the sheer fact of traffic this site gets.

The staff here does an excellent job and I actually look foward to the reviews here vs other gaming sites. It's too bad companies like EA is big as they are, don't give you guys perks.

There's no doubt the hype sites such as OS create for games like NCAA 2007.

I would bet a weeks pay, EA employees come here after release reading page after page of what the user's here think of their latest creation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »