Home

Official "Who has it?, Where did you get it?, When will it arrive?" Thread

This is a discussion on Official "Who has it?, Where did you get it?, When will it arrive?" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2006, 07:50 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Official "Who has it?, Where did you get it?, When will it arrive?" Thread

Alright,

Let's start fresh with a brand new thread. Good luck getting it, fellas!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2006, 07:53 AM   #2
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official "Who has it?, Where did you get it?, When will it arrive?" Thread

I'm going to check the local Walmart, Target, etc, today.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:02 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 14

Good luck to anyone who will be trying this week. I'll be keeping my eye out to see if anyone does actually get an early copy.

Can't wait to hear an impression from a hardcore simulation football gamer.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:21 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Some things to consider….

I think a lot of us are thinking that today some stores will get in their shipments based on intel we have received regarding stores internal shipping dates. Most of this is coming from people that have talked with or work for Gamestop/EBGames that have seen the computer showing a “ship date” of July 10th and a “street date” of July 18th.

I don’t think we have received true confirmation that any store actually has the game in their warehouse or their back room. Have we? I could be wrong.

We may be really jumping the gun because I also have not seen any confirmation of any of the fan-sites/community sites receiving their advanced copy of the game yet. You would figure that at least one of these gaming sites would get their copy before the retailers. But, this has not happened yet.

Today could be the day that all of this happens. The stores could get their inventory and the gaming websites could receive their advanced copy.

The other thing could be shipping. The “ship date” may have indeed been July 10th, but since the game is street dated for July 18th, it may have not been sent “Next day delivery”. No need to spend the extra money on shipping if you can’t sell it, right? This may mean that the stores receive their copies on Thursday of Friday instead of today.

We shall soon see!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:24 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Auburn Alum has "friends" who can get him the game early although he's getting the 360 version. I fully expect AA to get his hands on the game as early as tonight if EB gets their shipment today. Maybe he will also get a chance to play current gen as well.

Maybe its wishful thinking but I'm sure someone like WallaceNails will trick someone into selling him an early copy and we will all be reading early impressions tonight (if shipments actually start arriving today). WallaceNails, what version are you buying?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2006, 08:29 AM   #6
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

I talked to two stores yesterday who will remain nameless at the moment, and both said they expected to recieve the game today. I dont want to blow my cover yet, because i dont want the stores bombarded with calls and tip them off that it might not be time to sell the game, but once I can confirm they have the game and are willing to sell it, OS will know about it.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:32 AM   #7
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
I talked to two stores yesterday who will remain nameless at the moment, and both said they expected to recieve the game today. I dont want to blow my cover yet, because i dont want the stores bombarded with calls and tip them off that it might not be time to sell the game, but once I can confirm they have the game and are willing to sell it, OS will know about it.
The second that someone who doesn't have a "connection/friends" gets an early copy, I will drop everything and be out on the hunt.

You talked to two stores via telephone? I might just got through my yellow pages and call everyone...
Old 07-11-2006, 08:36 AM   #8
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

There's some irony in this statement:

"...some stores will get in their shipments based on intel we have received regarding stores internal shipping dates."

Intelligence is really the last thing at play when people are spending hours calling and driving around looking for a game that comes out next week.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »